My Trip To Ferrari of Atlanta... | FerrariChat

My Trip To Ferrari of Atlanta...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Had a chance to stop by Ferrari of Atlanta last Saturday; VERY nice place... Vastly different from Ferrari of Long Island in both size and appearance... Had a chance to meet Steve Eckhoff; very nice guy, we talked for a while... If you ever have the chance, stop by their... Best of all, they had an NNO...!!! :)

2. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    What are you doing in Atlanta? You should have gave me a call. That's not to bad of a trip for me. I have yet to make it up there to check it out but the place looks nice. I take it the Enzo is for sale. You should have checked out the Lambo place up there as well. I hear it's very nice also. Thanks for the pics.

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, if you drive all the way down Roswell Road, you eventually come across Lamborghini of Atlanta, which is right next to a BMW dealership... It looked nice, but we didn't stop... Maybe another time...

So dude, i hear you were in New Orleans not too long ago... What were you doing, preparing for November...? :D

4. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I live just under 45 minutes away and I STILL haven't been there. I'd really like to go....maybe once things settle down with work and school. Nice photos Carbon...those'll light a fire under me to get out there and see it in person.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    So Carbon, how many pics of Enzo's do you have? :)

Is that guy winding up the 575?

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Jim, i'm not sure, but on a 33 gig computer, i've got about 5 gigs remaining...

The fellow "winding up" the 575 was actually fixing a flat... The gentleman who owns the car got a flat and used the car's fix-a-flat to get him to the dealership; once their, they took care of the rest...

7. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    You know I live about 3 hours form Atlanta (or less) and would have driven over there...

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Richard...! How are you feeling...? Better, i hope... There will be plenty of time for get-togethers like that... :) Give me a call some time soon...

9. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Is your address still the same? I have a little something to send you.

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, it's still the same... Ooooooh, what are you sending...?

11. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002

I can't give you all the details here due to this being a public forum.:) I'll send you a PM soon. Glad to see your back.

12. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    FOA has become a regular place for me recently. I have a car being worked on right now...the third one in a row. They are fine people and I enjoy doing business with them.

If I didnt know any better than 550 Maranello in Rosso Fiorano looks exactly like my car. Except mine is in my garage right now. What a beautiful color.

13. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

That coffee table is ALL ATE UP WITH MOTOR...

14. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I've got that same coffee table in my Testarossa.

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I really like that coffee table, bit a of a pain to move around the house though.

16. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Just attach the wheels

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!

Coachi, i was thinking the same thing... The pictures just don't do the car justice...

Dave, welcome back...!!!

18. wfo900

wfo900 Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2003
    Annapolis
    Full Name:
    Rich C
    GOD, I love that GTC!

19. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    From what I was told, the Enzo isn't for sale. In fact, the owner has never driven it. Go figure. He also owns the 550 Barchetta they recently sold and several other Ferraris.

NNO, so you came into Atlanta under cover, eh? I must have scared the #$%out of you a couple weeks back!! Next time you visit, let us know. I'm only 20 minutes from the airport.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Bill... Actually, i was hoping to chat with you when you called Bruce's office that couple of weeks back when you and i were going back and forth in off-topic... You sound like an alright fellow and any friend of Bruce is a friend of mine, so it would've been a pleasure to meet you and shoot the breeze... i'll be back down there and when i am, i'll definitely let you know... i'm not sure where the airport is, though, as i took the train from NY to ATL...

As far as the NNO in the showroom goes, it looked sweet; a damn shame that it sits there, though...

21. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    curious to know what is the difference between f.l.i and f. of atlanta?

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, for one, FoA is HUGE...! FoA LOOKS LIKE Ferrari of Atlanta and not Maserati of Atlanta, whereas FoLI looks like Maserati of Long Island - meaning, they have just as many Maseratis there as Ferraris and the Maseratis are always up front and you can barely see the Ferraris when standing outside... The folks at FoA were a LOT friendlier than the folks at FoLI... The "boutique" for Ferrari-related items (toys, clothing, misc. para.) was RIGHT THERE in the dealership, not half a mile away in some obscure location behind a Land Cruiser dealership... So was the service department, for that matter...

23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks for the pics Carbon. i hope to have some time to go visit them, Trutlands and Tifosi69 soon. cheers. michael

24. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Carbon,

Too bad you couldn't wait till May to come into town. The Ferrari Challenge is at Road Atlanta on May 15-16 I think.

25. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

How did the 330 GTC look in person?