WoW!!! I had no idea there were so many great places like this!!! | FerrariChat

WoW!!! I had no idea there were so many great places like this!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by silverf1modena, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Hi! I'm just a new comer here! I was surfing the net and got turned onto these cool sites. I had no idea they existed! To be honest, I recently joined w/ferrariforum also, but it doesn't mean that I can't broaden my fellow Ferrari communities^_^! This is really a neat place! A place where I can learn more about my car and passion and also possibly maybe share some of my knowledge about Ferraris or any other cars for the matter! I am a car nut!^_~! It seems like this home does not discriminate against others for the passion of other auto makers either! But most importantly, everyone here shares 1 thing in common, and that is the passion for these beautiful Italian driving machines!!! FerrariS!!! Thanx alot and hopefully I can be of help to anyone here as much as this site will be to me. If you ever get a chance go and visit ferrariforum.net also! There are really cool people there that share the same passion as you and me^_~! Thanx again!!!
    P.S. The picture in the Avatar is a pic of me and my nephew next to my 360 parked in my friends garage while we were visiting^_~! My nephew is 3 and already knows how to say the most important thing," Uncle's ferrari is #1!!!" hahha!

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome to FerrariChat.com. How much is Andrew paying you to advertise FF for him? ;) It's poor etiquette to mention competitor communities. Andrew doesn't do it, JRV doesn't do it, and I don't do it. Just FYI. No big deal though, doesn't bother me much anymore. Competition is good for the consumer. There's a reason FerrariChat.com has 6,000+ users! Answer is Allan and VW threads. :D:D:D

3. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    Nothing, it is what happens when you build a quality site. Users get excited and tell others about it.
    Not ture. ze_shark has posted this site a number of times on Ferrari Forum. I've never once said a thing on the site about it. Why control users? At any moment they can type a new URL or use Google. Internet is about freedom.
    Funny thing is you're the only one that see it as a competition (well I can't speak for others, but I speak for myself). I do it for the love of the car. I also do it because I like web-design. My site is not a business, I am not trying to support a race team by charging for signatures and 500 private messages (all free on Ferrari Forum). My site has membership to cover cost and for those that want extra benefits, nothing more.

The users that are reading this will rarely view Ferrari Forum or even become a member. Why? Because they found this to be their home, good for them. Others have found my site to be home, good for them too. If you make your's a successful business and users/advertisers pay, great! Just don't assume that we are all a business trying to fend off others. I'm just trying to improve the Ferrari community by providing the best content for free, hence this on the homepage "Ferrari Forum is dedicated to bringing excellent content to Ferrari owners and enthusiast."

Cheers,
    Andrew

4. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Sorry if I offended anyone! I am very new to this whole internet stuff, well except for Ebay and emails. I just thought that all people who are fans of Ferraris would get along and didn't know there was rivalry in supporting the same passion. I could understand if it were another automaker, cuz i have recently scene rivalry there, but in the same ferrari family?
    And nobody paid me to post that. I haven't known Andrew for that long, only thru his site and he seems to be a very honest man with the passion for Ferraris, just like all of us on these forums.
    So I am VERY sorry if I have sparked up a flame in a sensitive place. Now I know and I learn through mistakes. But I can tell you this, that I will continue to support both sites and visit both sites, because they are both wonderful homes with alot of cool people. But I guess I'll have to becareful of what I say, even though I thought these homes were for people to be expressive. Again I apologize for any disturbances or discomforts that I may have caused.

Just another Ferrari owner and fan...

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No problem, I didn't mean my post as harsh as it probably sounded. You would be defensive to if you spent all the money and time to get where you are and someone trys to steal it for free. I have nothing to gain, 99.9% of all the users on other Ferrari sites are users of FerrariChat.com.