Driving Shoes | FerrariChat

Driving Shoes

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by scott61, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Never thought I would be looking for driving shoes as I don't think I even have regular shoes, I am a sneaker man, I just started driving new Maserati Spyder GT and am having very tough time with the closeness of the Alum race pedals. I thought my feet were fairly normal size (11) but I guess too big for Italian car. Seems all my sneakers have wide bottoms that keep catching the gas pedal when I brake. Was wondering if anyone knows if driving shoes help with this? Have been searching online but finding mostly Racing shoes, And I was hoping my shoes being fire proof would not be needed. Thanks in advance

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

My sister used to work at Diesel and got me these sweet green and yellow diesel sneakers that double as great driving shoes. They are contoured well and have a thin, flexible sole and look good with anything that goes with sneakers. I am going to pick up another pair because I like these so much. Check at your local Diesel place.

4. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Speedgear ( www.speedgear.com ) has the blue Fila/MS driving shoes on sale for $59.00 - It's a good deal.

5. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I have some driving shoes I bought at Bloomingdales that are nice. I have the Fila/Schumacher for the track. But being a sneaker man(so am I) Addidas just came out with a line of sneaker/driving shoes that are great, the soles are made with Goodyear rubber and has thier logo on the side and they're not bulky. They have low cut, which I bought, and high tops.Purchased them at Champs Sports.If you need anything send me a PM.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I bought Piloti's. www.piloti.com. I pretty much quit wearing my sneakers, and wear them instead. But they do sort of look like bowling shoes. (I bought the tan/blue Monacos.)

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Thanks for that link, I just ordered a pair does seem like a good deal

8. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Sparco driving shoes. As small and thin as you can get away with for the pedal part of the cockpit, grippy even when wet with oil, Nomex liners. Not good as a walking shoe.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    My wife bought me some driving shoes from Griots Garage, www.griotsgarage.com and I love them. They are leather and look a lot like regular loafers but the sole wraps around the heel .

10. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Built in heal toe.. :)

I went with Momo Corse racing shoes

11. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Actually ALL of the Fila driving shoes are on sale, not just the blue ones.

12. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave

Do those black MOMO shoes leave black marks on your floor mat?
    I'd like to buy a pair but my last shoes always "dirtied" up my tan floor mat..
    Then I had to get out the carpet cleaner etc etc..

dave
    indy

13. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    FILA SCHUMACHER NOMEX DRIVING SHOES
    Avant-garde design and excellent performance, lightness, reactivity, protection and safety. Based on the same designs used for the race shoes created around Michael Schumacher's anthropomorphic features and driving style. Features an innovative flame design dedicated to Michael. It represents energy, strength,passion, and courage, Available in NOMEX and Non-NOMEX version. NOMEX is FIA approved.
    Item # FF3655
    Available in:
    W$195.00 NOW $69.00
    Member Price: $62.10

http://www.speedgear.com/orders/SGF1_Detail_Listing.cfm?itemnumber=FF3655T&selecttype=Team&byteam=FF

Just got a pair. NOMEX shoes for only $62!!

14. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    "Do those black MOMO shoes leave black marks on your floor mat"

I couldn't tell you... No carpet in the race car,
    and black matts over the carpet in the Ferraris.

15. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    i think this has come up before somewhere. but that time piloti shoes came up. they have racing shoes along with driving shoes that look like stuff you can wear around.

16. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    I've found the Fila Vintage Ferrai sneaker works really well as an everyday (non-track) driving shoe. Enough feel and narrow enough to not foul the pedals, but comfortable enough to wear all day.

17. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    I have these. Sparco/Puma Racecats. Nomex lined, and my friend is a Sparco rep, so the price was right.

18. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    ASICS or NIKE wrestling shoes are the best!!! Go to “eastbay.com” & order a pair for <$30. Not only are they less $ but more flexible than “real” driving shoes w/ the same look. Not Nomex but who cares on the street

19. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Go to Puma.com and look up motorsport they have a link

i just got the Puma Motorsport mens shoe....
    SO NICE

20. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Looked into this and tried some on. i had a feeling for longer stints (as the Fcar is my daily driver) they may be TOO thin and cause fatigue. Still, for brief stints they are probably GREAT shoes and very inexpensive. Good call!

Went with the "real thing" because $65 is cheap enough, will keep my feet "thin", and if i ever get the whole Nomex suit/gloves thing and helmet i have the shoes thing covered.

21. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    go with the adidas ive got 2 pairs of the tuscany edition black and brown, and when wearing the brown ones you dont look like an idiot with some bright red or blue shoes wherever you go... also there very comfy

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Just picked up Sparco (Italy) driving shoes. Pretty stylish and pretty comfortable

23. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    If you want the real thing: I like my PYROTECT shoes. Just the basics in black that fit like a glove.

24. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    Do those Fila's run small at all? I'm between an 11 and 11.5 need to pick one....

Thanks.

25. enjoythemusic

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    They said they run small, i ordered 1/2 size larger. Some shoe makers (Schumachers :) ) do cut their products different than others. Same goes for the clothing industry.