How much is your Collection Worth (ALL) | FerrariChat

How much is your Collection Worth (ALL)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Dana_McCann, Mar 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    I t came to my attention just the other day to sit down and catalog my collection with box numbers, colors, Maker, Make, Model Year, and amount paid, amount worth, and profit marigin between retail price and the price that I paid. I would like to ask the forum, has anyone besides myself have actually sat down and calculated how much (dinero) we have put into our hobby? Not to mention the time on ebay and the hours spent browsing for that one great deal, lets' say, on a 1/18 ferrari 275; which in my opinion, I paid waaay to much

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's funny, I was just on the phone with a girl from my insurance office.

After review of my models books, and signed helments, etc. it came to me, I sure hope the guys steal my shi_ty Tvs and computers!!

A fire, however, would wipe me out!

There goes my Schumacher Tommy Hilfiger winter testing jacket with the inside cell phone pocket! I think I have three different years!

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'd guess twenty grand, between my die casts and books alone.

What's my helment signed by Mario, Kenny Brack, Bobby Rahal, and Christiano
    worth?? I have a wing off my race kart signed by the same four!

Oh, yea. Davey Jones, Lemans winner on the helment too!

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've got three 1:18 275s.

5. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    I am sitting here in my office laughing my _SS off because I told my girlfriend this morning that I hope, if anyone breaks in they take the TV's and DVD players, if not I'm __cked. I've got 12K between Limited edition and Serigraph art and 4K on the cars. Man, great minds must think alike,because I wanted to get the cars, art, and Waterford Crystal insured. I keep having dreams of a fire. If that ever occured, I think I would be in a mental institution. I just sent money this morning to a guy in germany that sold me his Jouf 288 GTO Evvo for $40.00 and $20.00 shipping.

6. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Heck, just thinking about the cost/value makes me sick and my wife pissed. She does not like how much I spend on my collection. However, in "regular" diecast alone...at least 10k. Add in my signed diecast...real scary thoughts there as some can not have a value placed on it. I have a ton of NASCAR stuff signed by Scott Riggs (Nextel Cup Rookie this year - #10 Valvoline and 2002 Busch Grand National Rookie of the Year - #10 Nesquik). He lives right up the road from me so it's easy to get stuff signed...or it was until he went into the Cup series. Now he's out testing a lot more and home less.
    Also, I have about 100 one-of-a-kind custom Ferrari's done by friends of mine for me. Those have no "retail" value as they are irreplaceable.
    Books and Magazines....I would not know where to start. Probably around 5k for those. Who knows for sure...

7. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Gentlemen , you have some very impressive collections to say the least. I think that the rest of our group is still sitting at home on their calculators trying to come up with the numbers. I too have to say that some of the models I bought for my son Xavier before he died of cancer back in October, with the sentimental value alone, is irreplacable. Our favorites : The Anson 328 GTS, and the Jouef 250 GT SWB

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Maybe around $2,000.00. Most of the models I collect are rarer and custom made ones. Usually most of my collection is always for sale but I think now I have just about everything I want and not many are for sale. I think I have about 75-100 models now.

9. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    1 Testarrossa Burago $20
    1 Ticket for F1 $350
    1 Dinner with your wife $100
    My Ferrari DieCast Collectio PRICELESS

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  11. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    800 model cars at 25 Euro each....

Helmet signed by chinetti - gendebien - frere - andruet - bell - ickx .....

3 F1 wheels + 1 : +/- 600 signed pictures.....at 10$ each.....

Some other F1 parts

Lithos : +/- 40 pieces

an original 308GT4 + Mondial T

and the rest, dont know how much to insure........

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    In the words of James Glickenhaus, "...it's worth zero; 'cause i'll never sell it..."

Monetarily, though, the numbers are nowhere near the numbers you folks have quoted... i just counted last night and i have 80 1:18s, 40 1:24s and close to 30 1:43s... i'm pushing 200 1:64s... Then, of course, i have an ENORMOUS literature collection, thanks to Gus... :)

13. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

HA HA HA HA HA, great minds think very much alike

14. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    In the words of Jim Carey, " That collection is Smokin!!"

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll have to scan and post pics. My problem is ALL of mine are out of the box, so I don't remember what they heck they are! (Manufacturer, I mean.)

Plus it's like my darn music collection. Just the thought of typing all the record titles is too much! My books and clothes are major $$$ though, and the thought of arguing with an insurance company over value is not very appealing!

Speedy"Don't play with matches"308

16. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I calculated my collection to be worth $5000+

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Art prints: I've got six Jay Kokas. I think I saw them at about $2K each recently.

18. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Hate to say this, but I am calling Allstate, you know, get a piece of the rock. I think I'm going insane looking for a new Fcar to add to my collection.
    I think that I have some where around a total of 45 Fcars and I can't stop collectioning. Anyone know that 800 number? I need some psychiatric help.
    I don't dream of a white christmas anymore. I dream of a Rossa Corsa Christmas.

19. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The rock is Prudential. Allstate is "Your in good hands". An old friend is an agent in Austin.

I had a hard time finding coverage in Texas right now, but got some renter's coverage because of my vehicles, with State Farm.

20. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

Thanks, for the tip.