Shell Octano Fuel | FerrariChat

Shell Octano Fuel

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 360CS, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    Shell Have just introduced a new OCTANO Super high Octane Fuel for high performance cars.

Available next month in the garage pump will give Ferrari an extra 30% power increase, the rep told me that Shell engineers and Ferrari have used this mixture to provide optimium performance from Ferrari Engines. It also contains an additive as used in rocket fuel which coats the bores with a secret liquid teflon that ensures minimium engine wear.

Its on Sale at a cheaper intro rate of 70p Litre, It also makes the car sound more like an F1 car too!!

Carnt wait to fill up on this stuff.

2. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    And its only being sold on april 1st right??

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    It can also be used in both petrol and diesel engines, leaded and unleaded

I've heard that it also has a new ingredient that makes you irresistable to women. Aparrently the secret ingredient has been extracted from the bile duct of the Bolivian pangolin.

It is also going to be a superb sexual lubricant, but seeing as I have just conrtacted myself as a Franciscan monk for the next sixteen years, I'll have absolutely no use of these properties.

Seeya tonight Joe (if the Abbott let's me)

4. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    They've been selling this as 'Formula V' in Germany for some time. It's 100 octane, and it's about bloody time they spread the joy, frankly.

5. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    I hear it also replaces your cambelts for you too.

6. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

whoooha.... I don't know what to believe anymore. I both excited and spectical and happy and sad. Whatever it is, I must have it, that I know.

7. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm so sad, and probably stupid, that I actually did a quick search on the web to see if Shell Octano was mentioned anywhere else.

All I established is that octano is spanish for octane.

8. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Piss myself laughing at that Rob!!! Really!!!! had a few of you on that one mate, and a few more I bet.

They had to withdraw it as the only car it was tried in caufgt fire on the M25 a couple days ago...Bet that guy is gutted...

Joe

9. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
  10. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    They probaby need to do 100 octane in Greece because the petrol station owners dilute it to make more profit so you loose the extra octains anyway. I am greek by the way and once I filled up a Merc 200E which promptly refused to go up the next hill becasue of all the water in the petrol !!!

Philip

11. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Ha ha! So how do you test you are getting pure stuff?? Drink it? Set alight to it?

12. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Ade I would do it, but I think the water they mix it with is a bit dirty ...