Check this 355 out, anyone know it? | FerrariChat

Check this 355 out, anyone know it?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Andrewgavi, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrewgavi

Andrewgavi Guest

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Did they cut into the passenger side dash to put the stereo/dvd head unit whatever that is in there?

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Looks like it. Clean car though. Nice wheels and upgrades.

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    egads.

doody.

5. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yeah very nice. Interior in good condition though. I just don't like the cutting of the dash, everything else is ok, because it can be taken out and put back to stock.

6. Yeah the cutting of the dash is ugly, The wheels and the CF Air box is really nice.

Really good looking car, I would keep that LCD screen but paint its framing black, get rid of that sub or whatever that custom box is under the raido fix the dash and get a regular leather steering. Wheel but the CF looks really nice.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Those BBS I have to say are the nicest non stock wheels I have seen on a 355.

8. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I wonder if they hacked the passenger-side airbag unit to put that thing in the dash, or if they removed it and made a dummy lid. Can't imagine them destroying a perfectly good not to mention costly airbag, but if they did it would be $$$ to replace it. Or, I guess another dummy could be made if you don't care about airbags but want a stock look and don't care for DVD. I also wonder if the airbag warning light stays on, or how they might have gotten around that. I don't understand why one would need a huge monitor/dvd in the car, but it's not my car, so to each his own.

Regarding the monitor, I also wonder if they re-routed the A/C piping for the central ducts or if it just blows away to nothingness under that monitor.

The wheels do look quite nice. Perhaps some light tinting on the side windows, can't tell for sure from the pics--might be lighting or shadows. Looks very pretty from the outside.

9. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    WTF? An entertainment center? I am sorry, but if driving a F355 isn't enough entertainment in itself, you need your keys taken away.

And your testosterone level examined.

10. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Lol Ryan even though I agree with you, these are different Ferrari owners. These are the posers. Come to LA I will show you a few ;) or just turn on MTV and check out the show CRIBS.

These people have spinners on their Ferraris, DVD/Xbox in their lamborghinis and 21 inch wheels on their Bentleys.

These people don't drive their Ferraris or listen to the exhaust on the windy roads or on the track. They keep it in thier garage to impress their friends and neighbors.

THey don't buy the car for its racing heritage, they buy it so they can get the best parking spot at the new hot club/restaurant in town, or show the car off when they park and go to the driving range.

A totally different, rich, classless bunch of owners.

11. Yeah, The LCD screen doenst look to bad if it was all black, But that DVD where the airbag is just looks discusting the dummy airbag cover looks cheap to. That sup or what ever that box is under the radio between the center console is ugly also.

Its a really nice car though the wheels and the Airbox. Wonder where one can get a airbox like that and for how much. Thing it offers good performance. ?

12. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    50K tops due to the butchared dash and airbag

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Sorry, that is new thing to me. I don't have cable. Come to think of it, the only channel our TV gets reception on is NBC.

Posers? That's so disappointing.

14. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Sadly it is not new. Its been going on for the last few years with the over opulence of the new class that is being built in the US. WIth the music world especially and with fancy cars in all videos and these very young musicians getting all this money, the first thing they buy is a sports car.

As far as you not having cable I understand. In SF here I don't even have a TV, LOL.

In LA I have cable, if you are ever in town, stop by and I will show you what I am talking about.

A guy on the next block over for me has a yellow 360 on Zinettis!!

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Have no fear......somebody will overpay for that car!

DL

16. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Ha! Yea, I have seen that car. It is very nice indeed, especially in person. But too be honest, I can't agree with the interior. I mean, to each is own, but that TV screen even looks weird protruding like that and I won't even comment on the airbag box.
    I have seen alot of custom jobs, since I do live in Southern Cali, but this one, I can't agree with. I don't know if they still have it, but at Symbolic they had a silver 348TB w/a screen integrated into the dash for a rearview cam and that didn't look half bad. But this I must say is kinda ehhh.
    I mean, I think all these TV screens and stuff are ok in a SUV where u can have more passengers for a long drive or something, but to cut up a perfectly good Ferrari dash to do that, man I don't know. Especially when it is not all that roomy in the 355 anyways. And the purpose of the F355 is for driving not "Bling Blingin" as they say here. In my opinion, It is PURE "Bling Bling" enuff just to have a Ferrari
    As far as the wheels go, they do look nice. But just in case there is anyone here who works for Newport Auto on this forum, those are NOT BBS. They are Speedline wheels and if not mistaken, they custom make those for Champion Motorsports/Porsche. So if you know anyone there, please inform them cuz someone could say it's false advertisement^_~! In my opinion the stocks look really nice and so do the Actual BBS wheels which are the BBS LM's
    If I have offended anyone by voicing my opinion here, I apologize. It's just all a matter of taste.

17. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Don't worry. You can speak your mind here. If you say something stupid we'll just rip you pieces. You'll still be able to post, though.

:D

18. silverf1modena

Ha thanX! Does that mean I can talk about my custom ordered 2008 390 Modeenia with quad turbos and a 5 inch suspension lift kit with 12 tv screens and 52 speakers that is due to come yesterday? And how awesome It is!!! =P

19. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Only if you paid for it by selling your Cigar company. ROTFLMAO :D

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

But this time, we want to know the name of the "publicly traded company" that bought it.

21. silverf1modena

HAHA!!!! How is that guy anyways!!??? LoL!!!
    But yea, in all seriousness this F355 is a nice looker on the outside. I just wish the TV screen was a tad bit large like a 52 inch screen. You know, don't wanna miss those details while I'm drivin!=P Ok Ok! Lemme stop.
    It's a nice car! But I think for a 95 w/30K miles is a tad bit high for over 80K(not that 30K miles is high cuz its not especially if it has been maintained). But there are nice examples out there in the 69K-75K range that is stock and has been very well taken care of.

22. I also noticed that it has no room behind the seats what so ever the seat looks to forward i dont think I would fit. There appreantly seems to be some subwoofer there.

23. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    The wheels and the carbon air box looks cool. I beleive it's a grouppe M air box. Nice. But the stupid stereo system ruins the car for me. I don't remember when was the last time I listen to the stereo on my car. Bling bling, some rap star car probably. One thing for sure, I doubt that car has ever seen red line. To much of a posers car.

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I beg to differ. Posers usually will sit in their garage or at stop lights and rev the *&$*) out of their cars. Also posers will go in front of high schools/sunset blvd/clubs and keep the car in first gear and hit the rev limiter up and down the street.

25. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci