Ferrari Get You a Date? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Get You a Date?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by venusone, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I'm just wondering if when women know you drive a Ferrari does it makes a difference. Duh. Tell me how you respond/counter to that or take advantage.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Of course Ferraris will get you a date, but probably with the wrong kind of a woman. I mean do you really want to date a woman who wants you just because of your car?

EDIT: I have no experience with Ferrari getting me any women, as I don't have a Ferrari. However I was in Union City, CA last year a few times with my then new bike, and I got a few proposals that apalled me.

So if I could get that on a 9K Japanese bike (I am not good looking, rich, or smart), imagine what a Ferrari can do.

All that said, these women are your low class gutter Hoes that you probably are best to stay away from. Because they will get a hand on your ATM card, get pregnant, then you will be screwed literally and figuratively.

3. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    It depends on what she does, & how she is. Some girls flirt even when I'm in '69 Mustang Conv. I been driving my 328 lately almost every day for the past 2 wks, and noticed several ladies made comment referring me as ladies man, mid-life crisis, & asking for ride w/ a dinner. This did happened w/ Porsche & Corvette though. When I was in college, even Supra attracted some. So if you push for it, I think right cars can get date, I say.

Then again, these nice cars are associated w/ the word "rich" or "a lot of money", so that may be what they are after, too. But 2 ladies who started to talking to me at a gas station & kid's school, knew of Ferrari very well, asking me some questions & were happy to sit in my car.

Play hard & play stupid is 2 different things as I learned from the past exeperience.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #4 BigTex, Apr 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Man that's a loaded question!

My lovely first wife came so unhinged over the car it ended our marraige!
    I figured "so what?", kinda shallow if you ask me.

My car also draws attention to my charity kart team, which I'm very proud of.
    A date once asked if our work with kids would require her to dress like a clown! I said no, and it doesn't require me to either. These are horrifically abused children, and they don't want entertainment, they need nuturing.
    She didn't make too many laps on the racetrack of life.

So I've settled with a gf that knows that the car doesn't make the man, the man earns the car! She likes it when it runs, and understands the world still turns when it breaks down. That's what the SECOND Ferrari is for! LOL!

I guess a potential date that misread the Ferrari as a statement of wealth would be disappointed, yet my first wife's admonition I'd be so broke that no one would care was also wrong. There's lots of ways to measure "wealth".

I'll turn the tables on you! Does your car improve YOUR social life?

After all, on the club scene, you have to leave it outside!!! LOL!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #5 BigTex, Apr 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    BTW, your pic needs a profile!

Mine's when I won the Texaco Grand Prix of Houston "Racing for Children Sprint" race.

Now my daughter Amanda has a real world view. She calls it "The Money Pit".
    My oldest daughter Renee was really amazed when she met me and saw it.
    She was seventeen.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Great work Alan. Really good to see someone have that much compassion for kids.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, ya know. Sometimes it'd be nice to quit!

But then I reflect that I CAN do it, and others maybe can't, or just simply won't. All Fchatters would be welcome to participate.

But then I take the World's Fastest Art Car to some elementary school, and three hundred kids come running out, clamoring for some attention, and ya know, by the time I leave, it's worth the effort!

Lots of these cars just sit in the garage. I'm using mine UP, man!
    It doesn't hurt 'em to run!

Now back to the topic... who'd date a crazy man like me??? LOL!

8. nickdtm

nickdtm Rookie

Mar 21, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    I wouldn't want to date someone who wanted to go out with me because of my car. I don't even tell people I have a BMW. I usually drive my GMC pickup ;)

9. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
    I can't say anything other then, Word.

10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

First of all, I try to hide the fact that I own a Ferrari. Consequently, if a woman knows me well enough to know that I have a Ferrari, she also knows me well enough to know I have a wife.

Why would you need a car to pick up chicks, and then what kind of chicks would you be picking up?

I have always had great luck getting the prettiest girls through my charming personality :D.

Good question, though.

11. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I've found that women are uninterested in my car. Loud and smelly. However, whenever I pull up to a gas station, lots of guys are interested in the car.

Therefore, if I were gay, I'd say the ferrari could definately get me a date or two.

Dom

12. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

If I was a woman, I would find such compassion rather attractive. :D

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Or gay and into teen aged boys.

14. reinerkaiser

reinerkaiser Karting

Nov 25, 2003
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Reiner Kaiser
    I've researched this question in detail. I think the short answer is
    "yes, but maybe not as much as someone with a tricked out
    (i.e pimped out) SUV", at least here in LA.

The key is to not act all corny and drive up and down in front
    of the club like some of the gold-chain-set guidos...

on the other hand, when cruising (such as on sunset strip on friday nights)
    it's risky to pick up girls in cars. you never know how big their behind
    is if you just see the head!!

15. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    When people found out I might be taking a Ferrari to my senior prom I had about 50,000 dates lined up. When that fell through that number dropped to 1. But being the stupid teenager I was I sulked and turned down her down. I was eventually forced to go to prom and sulked there too. I've matured though and have realised that any girl that wants you just for the car isn't worth keeping around.

It really doesn't take a Ferrari to get girls like that. A BMW, MB, or a croch rocket will do the same. I've noticed that when I ride my motorcycle, I have more confidense when talking to girls (while I'm with my bike anyway). But I think the difference is you don't get gold diggers, you just get girls who want the "bad boy."

16. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

These women are cut from the same cloth. The ones that want the bad boy,will just F you, then leave and marry the good guy. THey F anything with a crotch rocket trust me.

The gold diggers will F you, then take your wallet and screw you that way.

Thus weather a woman likes you for your crotch rocket or Ferrari, are essentially the same thing in my opinion.

However if you are a guy who is just looking to get laid, this is all good. However if you are one who values personality and cares about long term happy relationship, then either of these women would be of significant problems in my opinion.

17. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Someone handed me a bag of prunes once...no dates though.

18. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    What I've noticed is that essentially you 'don't were the car around your neck'.

Explanation: When I go into a restaurant or club and meet people they don't know I drove in a Ferrari and I don't make it a point. When I drive down the street I don't have women yelling out for me to stop so they can jump my bones.

So the car doesn't make a difference until someone you interact with realizes you own one.

My experience.

19. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I realised that too, the whole bad boy thing is just a phase for girls my age. Sure it's fun once in a while but it does get old. A few of my friends on the other hand, definitely take advantage of the fact that a croch rocket will get you chicks.

20. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    if you just want to have fun, there is nothing wrong with using a ferrari to get dates

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!! There's always a wiseass in the group... :)

22. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Sure enough for my buddy!!

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Kuzi, chime in! Let us know if you're still "friends" with that hottie!!

24. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    You know, I hate that. The other day I was buying gas and my girlfriend was in the car ( I've been dating her well before the nice cars ) a coupe of kids in a truck came up and said " sure if I was driving a Ferrari I would be with a hot chick like that hehee ". That gets me so mad. But thank god I control my temper now a days. Five years ago I would have to break arm for that. So I guess my answer is no. But women and everybody else seems to be nicer when they see you drive a Ferrari.

25. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Riiiiiiiight! Some of us know better... :D

--Dan