NC-8, NC-89 | FerrariChat

NC-8, NC-89

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Ricambi America, Mar 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks to Jeremy (CiLKy) for a great drive along NC-8/NC-89 north of Winston-Salem. It wasn't the longest route, but the were some terrific twists and turns all the way into Virginia -- or wherever we ended up! Jeremy's huge drilled rotors and gigantic AMG calipers could bring that beast from 80 to 0 in short order. On the other side of the coin, that Benz can scoot! We hit triple digits a few times, and the CLK never blinked. Duh...

I'm not sure I ever got the car past 4th gear, and it just wanted to run. The hard I pushed the 348, the better it seemed to respond. Temps remained nice and cool throughout the run -- and certainly the gearbox got smoother all afternoon. What a DANG fun car. Why on earth did I wait so long to buy one?!?!? How/why people would buy these cars and store them away in the garage is a mystery. Sunny afternoons like today confirm my desire to run the 348 -- not save it away like a porcelain doll.

Next time, we'll do Asheville !

-Daniel

p.s. Yes, those are baby sheep in the background.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Yeah we had a great time today........Thanks for bringing out he 348 Daniel!! I'll get my pictures up tomorrow morning. Listening to that Italian V8 all day is wonderful. We kept a pretty good pace for about 2-3 hours. I think there are some goats in with those baby sheep haha. Anyone who was up on NC8-89 yes we do own the road hahaha at least we drove like we did. :)

Next time we'll do Asheville and I already know some absolutely great roads that are even better than the ones today.

Jeremy

3. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    #3 L8Braker, Mar 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
    Cool pics!

5. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    [​IMG]

...that's a classic! :D

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Did my best to take a picture while driving. Only when going slow and the only thing slowing us down was other drivers hahahaha