My Trip To Ferrari of Atlanta... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My Trip To Ferrari of Atlanta...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Are you comparing a Ducati to a Corolla? :eek: May the higher powers be with you!

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

gawd how i love the 288 gto. i would love to get the rebody on ferrariads......... so close , yet so far away....... 128km??? how the heck can a person let these cars sit??? i need to start a business as a ferrari sitter and tend to the cars. where is mr G ??? he drives his and on the street too!!!!

3. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Although I have never been there physicaly I have been doing business, with FOA since it was FAF. Ken and Harold in parts are very knowlegable and great guys and Wade in service is one of the best around. I order almost all my FNA parts from them as you get a fair deal and they are friendly and very helpful. The receptionist Lynn is also very nice and I have not had a bad experience with them in over 15 years. Next time you go in there tell them you know me and they will get a kick!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rob, if i go in there and tell them you know me, will they LITERALLY kick me...? :D

Next time i'm there, i'll be sure to drop the name... Lynn was very nice to chat with...
    Coincidentally, we drove by where FAF used to be... i have some pictures of the building as it is now... Here's a little trivia for you... What did FAF stand for...?

5. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Fiats, Alfas and Ferraris.

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wrong. :)

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Funny, that's what John Apen told me that it stood for. :)

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm not sure who John Apen is, but he's wrong, too...

It stands for Ferrari Alfa Fiat - yes, there's a difference, because on their letterhead, the "FAF" logo had three different fonts; the first (for the first F) was Ferrari's signature font' the second, for the A, was Alfa's and the third, for the other F, was Fiat's signature font... :)

9. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    John Apen was one of the partners behind FAF, i.e. he owned it.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Good job getting that! You could buy a nice used car for what the gas guzzler tax costs........

11. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Erik, NNO's right on the sequence. One of John and Ewing's (Hunter) first products, when they were still in John's basement, was car covers. I had one of the very early 275 ones with the FAF logo, and the Ferrari long F came first, then a lower case Alfa "a'", and the Fiat "F". John may have just listed the names without necessarily meaning that was the sequence.

One of the other trivia questions would be, who were the other three partners or shareholders in FAF?

12. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I would have loved to buy NNO a beer, but it must have been a secret mission. Sorry we missed you Carbon.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ewing Hunter, Wes DeVoto & John Apen...

Jimpern, i could pay my rent for a year with the gas guzzler tax and still have enough money left over to buy a beater car...!

4re308, fear not my faithful friend; i will return soon and then the beer will flow freely... :)

FAF

14. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Great pics....

I just love that coffee table !!!

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Carbon, back in the day, Hot Lanta was the party town for us poor crackers living out in the sticks. We'd boogie up from Tallahassee, stop in Macon, buzz on to Atlanta for some Allman Bros, hang on Peachtree, life seemed unlimited.

Things change, and life moves on. Atlanta has lost a lot of its charm. Toothsome Ted set up shop. Traffic is getting worse. Smog is getting just about as bad as Houston.

If I was to head that-a-way again, I go north to Chattanooga or west to Birmingham (never thought I'd say that!)

But, back in the day, man that was one fun town.

Dr "Misty Eyed Tax"

ps I don't remember seeing any Ferraris back then. Just pickemup trucks and muscle cars.

16. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    That's three of the five.... There were two more who owned shares at one time. (I see Gerald Roush was here today -- he worked there at the time.)

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO, where do you think i got my answer to begin with...? :D

18. whupwhup

whupwhup Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Stoney Creek, ON
    Full Name:
    Kash

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and I'm in the process of relocating to Atlanta from NY. I don't own a Ferrari yet but it's on my list of things to acquire. Living in Upstate NY climate affected which cars I could actually purchase and have a chance to drive them enough. Once I get moved to atlanta, I'm excited about the weather here which allows me so many more options for owning fun cars :)

This forum is great, I'm enjoying the threads. I'm a big fan of joining car forums before owning the actual car - it gives me great research information.

Hopefully in the next few years I'll be an F owner as well. First thing is first, have to buy a house down here for the wife and family :)

regards,
    whup

19. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thanks for taking the time to post your pic's. I'd sure like to have a pair of those coffee tables in my office!!

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's certainly one of the coolest things i've ever seen... What the hell do you if you ever have to move it, though...? How much do those things weigh...?

whupwhup, welcome to the board...! Atlanta's a great place, i had a nice time while i was down there...