Cool F355 Video ( | FerrariChat

Cool F355 Video (

Discussion in '348/355' started by TimN88, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
  2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
  3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I watched it, but it seems kind of lame to me...for the sake of watching it's nice, but for the sake of burnouts there's nothing longer than a second or two, the camera isn't mounted, and the second half of the movie is the little guy driving trying to look cool with one hand on the wheel.

4. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Not bad. I never pass up the chance to hear a 355. I really need to ride in one of those some day.

5. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree that the burnout was a bit weak, so ive included a link to one that is a little better ;). The sound is awesome in the first vid though. How often do owners do things like that? (maybe it was a rental, like i'm assuming the vid below is.)

http://www.ferraristi.net/movies/355spider.avi - its been posted on the old board by me, but alot of people might not have seen it. Its worth seeing!

6. mighty

mighty Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Looks like an older 355 model and stock exhaust. Can anyone confirm?

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    How could you tell if it's older without seeing the engine bay, which would only tell you if it was a 95 or not.

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    The early 355's used 348 seats.

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    Where in the world did you come up with that?

I have NEVER seen a 355 with 348 seats.....

10. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    you idiot
    348 seats in a 355

11. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yeah i really didnt think that was true, but i never really thought muc about seats. I think the only difference is that the 95's were OBD1, and the later cars were OBD2 for emissions reasons i think. Side note- this is yet another reason i'd prefer a 95, since OBD1 cars respond better to bolt on mods. Ive also heard that 95's had a broader torque curve, so they were a tad bit faster.
    Did the naming of the car change throughout the run (ie. berlinetta changed to GTB)?

Are the exhausts on either of the cars in th vid stock? They seem pretty loud, but its hard to tell justhow loud something really is from a video.

12. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Dude I am sorry but that wasn't a burn out. In a few weeks I am gonna do a video. Then you'll see a burn out, a top end run, and some traffic action. Give me a few weeks.

13. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I know it wasnt a big one, but its not very often that I see ferraris doing that type of stuff.

14. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    You just wait till my car comes back from the shop.

15. riconijhof

riconijhof Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rico Nijhof
    I can't wait!
    Don't paste music behind it, the F355 makes the music already :p

16. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    i know, i know its not ferrari, but i thought id offer anyway. ive got a video of a guy who creates enough tire smoke to fill a one block radius. one of the craziest things i think ive seen in a car, and it ranks somewhere between risky and trying to kill yourself. unfortunately its not a ferrari so i wont post the link however if anyone is interested send me an email at [email protected] and ill send you the link. its a 3rd generation vette with sidepipes. and close to 500 ft lbs of torque. good show.

17. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If that car was a kid I'd call social services.

DL

19. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
  20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What a sleeper! Who'd ever expect a 600BHP Hyundai!

DL

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Mark - That was fun to watch.

Hey Vette 79 - Post the vette vid!

22. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's a riot. I wish I could remember where I read the original article...the author had the best description. Something along the lines of "two engines, one in forward, one in reverse, engaged in the most outrageous mechanical tug-of-war you've ever seen."

I love that video. BTW I have lots of Ferrari videos, gotta have a good 355 in there somewhere. I'll check.

Mark

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  24. vette79

vette79 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    well ive had a few emails telling me to put the videos ive sent on links at ferrarichat so here we go. the tiburon is a pretty good show. probably more smoke than my first video, but thats mainly becaues the tiburon was doing it on a wet spot of pavement, which is the easy way to create a lot of tire smoke...anyhow heres the vid. the vette is running a smalll block chevy pushing somewhere around 550 ft-lbs of torque and about 460-500 horse, weight is probably around three grand with fuel, give or take a hundred pounds.
    http://www.c3sharktank.com/sound/burnout.mov

heres another vette burnout, if you want to go with modified car burnouts. running a big block chevy somewhere around the one thousand mark for power, and it manages to pull off a pretty impressive burnout considering it has full out crinkle wall drag slicks on.

http://www.c3sharktank.com/sound/burnout-vette.mpg

now if you want a burnout where the car stays in one place, heres one with a line-lock. this is a winner for sheer amounts of tire dissolved into the ground
    http://www.c3sharktank.com/sound/bgburnout1.WMV

if you have already seen these videos and youre still reading, then im going to assume you have some love for torque oriented big engine cars, in which case it would be illegal for me to not show you this. this is a small video of the startup of merlin, a car that was built for around two hundred thousand dollars, running a 522 big block with twin whipple superchargers... i think it ended up pushing somewhere around 2000 hp and some ungodly amount of torque. the video doesnt do the engine justice. the owner ended up selling the car to someone for around 80,000 because he was in need of cash and the car proved to be too much power for the street... he had some 345 series pirellis that would just disintegrate with barely even 1/8 throttle. ill send some pictures via email if anyone wants to see what the car looked like when done, it was a 74 black convertible. id link the homepage that covered every step of the building process but for some reason the original owner took it down. ok, im done with the non ferrari related talk and videos :)
    http://www.c3sharktank.com/sound/merlin.mpeg

enjoy and let me know whatcha think.

EDIT:: oh and one last question for those of you with a 355.. can you break the rear end loose in first gear just by punching it, ie no clutch tricks? just curious as i see that the video posted by timn88 looks like the driver does a few times.

25. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for posting this vette79! Can't wait to show them to my buddy with a vette - he'll love them.

That black stingray was crazy! LMAO at the license plate - "Digler".

That yellow car will need some new tires! What was the point of that? lol

That drag race was funny - The vette laid down rubber the whole run!