It's true 348 for sale!!! | FerrariChat

It's true 348 for sale!!!

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by vincent355, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Check it out, it's in the ad section. Don't know if they work but it's there anyway.

Don't worry though, I'm not leaving the ranks. I'm in the market for a different car. Really wish I could keep the 348, because I love it. Especially the lack of power anything, it's a blast to drive and have done quite of bit of it.

What do you guys think of e-bay, any other suggestions for selling the car.

VincentXXX

PS. There could be a VERY nice bottle of wine in it for someone who finds me a buyer. Art?

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I am in shock. You are still coming on Sunday, yes? We must chat...

Of course, there are very reasonable and rational replacements out there. Perhaps the best first place is FML?

--Dan

3. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    We should chat.

There is a very rational replacement, but unfortunately I can't have both. If I could would in a heartbeat.

Vincent.

4. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Vincent- some thoughts.

- You have two kidneys, at least one certinly could be considered a liquadatable asset.

- Banks say a Third mortguage is hard to get, but they're lieing.

- Things that aren't yours can still be sold by you. Only if your caught will they call it 'stealing' :p

- There's a good 8 hours a night most of us spend asleep. Since we don't know why, assume it's not nessicary. Think case of no-doz and a third job.

In all seriousness, your 348 is one of the best I've ever seen, you've done a great job and sorted it very well. Hopefully you will not be withought a Prancing Horse for long! (if at all!)

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    yep that's it, I'm meeting the guy in Walnut creek on Thursday Morning.

It's a little sad to see your first Ferrari go.....but then I start thinking about the next one....

If you see a 365GTC/4 let me know. (any color but red or light blue)

Vincent.

6. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    There's a hot pink one with brown pin stripes and TR cheese-graters (also brown) for sale... I think that would suit you to a T. Especially the leopard velvet seats and zebra vinyl headliner. :p

--Dan

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Wanted to add: how's the pad coming along? Gotta keep the info flowing!

--Dan

8. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    dan,

do you have apicture of this car, ser#. If it checks out I might be interested in looking at it.

the pad is coming along I am meeting with my architect tomorrow. And I should start widening the driveway in a couple of weeks. My house will be on the market shortly. So soon I will be homeless, and without a Ferrari. One od those things needs to change soon, I hope.

BTW. I am meeting the lucky new owner of a blk/blk 348 tomorrow at 6 am to load it into his trailer. I'll be at the Marriot in Walnut Creek if you want to see a grown man cry, stop by. I had a little drive this morning, what a sweet car. Keep your eye out for a dark colored (preferably no pin stripes, paisley ok) C/4.

Vincent.

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tell me, is the new keeper a true enthusiast? I'm sure you'll be tearing... until you feel that V12 ripping the asphalt off the road! :)

--Dan

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    We all need to take Vincent out to drown his sorrows with us (so he takes us for a spin when he gets his 365GTC/4 that is!)

You did a great job with your 348, I hope the new owner fully appricates it! (did you tell him about F-chat?)

Best!
    Ben.

11. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I did tell him about F-chat. he was/is a very nice guy. He was in a bit of a hurry as he drove the car back down to Paso robles, and wanted to be at work by 11.

i was glad to hear that he was going to drive it back down and not trailer it. he plans on using it quite frequently which is awesome.

Vincent.

still looking for the next ride....

12. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Just got an email from the new owner. Hopefully we'll see him on f-chat soon. looks like we have another tifosi!!!

Do you guys know if 355 wheels can fit on the 348?

13. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Vincent- both 355 and 360 wheels will fit. The 360 wheels actually look really nice, check this out:

I like them better on the 348 than I do on the origional 360!

He may need longer rear wheel lugs.

What year was yours again? It may also benefit from the Spider track width.

Check out this thread:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2757&highlight=355+wheels+348