575 BARCHETTA......... | FerrariChat

575 BARCHETTA.........

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dax, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dax

dax Rookie

Mar 27, 2004
    What are the chances of Ferrari producing a 575 Barchetta. The 550 Barchetta is a beautiful car dispite the roof mechanism....who needs a roof in a barchetta anyway. To me it seems a logical step for Ferrari to make a limited edition of the 575 in barchetta form.

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I would love to see a 575 Barchetta ! Modular wheels , Red calipers , Carbon brakes , Sport Exhaust , racing seats ..Miam !

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    550 Barchetta's are not selling that well, why would Ferrari want to produce a 575 Barchetta?

4. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Honestly , I don't see a 575 Barchetta coming out the factory.
    Plus what Bob said is one of the reasons.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i too would bet against it happening. though i don't imagine the factory would care whether 550 Barchettas are reselling well - if they built 349 575M Barchettas, i'm sure they could sell them all.

imo, whether we see any further variations hinges on the timing of the Maranello replacement.

'04 marks the eighth model year of the Maranello model line. the Testarossa model line went eleven model years (right? 85 through 95?). the 512 Boxer line went nine model years (76 through 84).

as rumors go, i agree that there's really zero point in replacing the 360 while demand is still high and wait lists are still long. so that would mean the Maranello is next - and given how new Maranello sales have been a lot tougher to close over the past year or so, i think it makes tons more sense.

tweak the 360 for the 2006 MY arriving late 2005; replace the Maranello, built on the 612 platform, in early-mid 2006 as a 2007 MY.

if you believe that, then we're 18 months from the end of production, and i'd be surprised if they bothered to mess too much with it. although a Barchetta is probably one of the easiest things they could do (as opposed to a bigger engine or 550 GTC CS or 550 Spider) since they already have ALL the R&D done from the 550 Barchetta.

doody.

6. dax

dax Rookie

Mar 27, 2004
    if you believe that, then we're 18 months from the end of production, and i'd be surprised if they bothered to mess too much with it. although a Barchetta is probably one of the easiest things they could do (as opposed to a bigger engine or 550 GTC CS or 550 Spider) since they already have ALL the R&D done from the 550 Barchetta.

doody.[/QUOTE]

You may well have a point there. Avariation on the barchetta theme ie...a 575 spyder or 575 cabriolet.
    As long as it has a Ferrari badge on it and it is marketed well, it will sell. And besides it doesn't sound to bad a car.

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is exactly the time to introduce a quick variation-- they need to boost those last few 575 sales. And, going by past actions, it will be quite a while before they do another open V12, so this one would sell out very quickly.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I don't think making it a convertible would be such a "quick variation." Likely they won't do anythnig, as the 575 marks the change before EOL of the 550M line.

--Dan