how do you change carb 308 fuel filter | FerrariChat

how do you change carb 308 fuel filter

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by stacy, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stacy

stacy Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    halifax
    I can't figure out how to get the fuel filter apart in a carb 308 to change the element. Anybody know how?

Thanks,
    stacy

2. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Are we talking about the little filters inside the carbs, or the one down by the fuel pump?

3. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    On top of the filter housing is a 13mm bolt, undo the bolt and the filter bowl will be released. remember to replace the copper washer under the head of the retaining bolt.

MW

4. stacy

stacy Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    halifax
    Thanks.

I undid the bolt at the top (it was very short) but the bowl still seems firmly fixed. Maybe it just needs a little more coaxing.

Do you know the part number for the copper washer.

Thanks again
    Stacy

5. donaldh2o

donaldh2o Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Irvine CA
    Full Name:
    Don
    I have mine out right now as I replace the hoses and filter. Be aware when it breaks loose, unless you've pinched or plugged the line coming from the gas tank, the tank is going to empty itself.

See thread: "Fuel Pump Hoses. Yukky!"

6. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Make sure you have undone the correct bolt - the 13mm spanner size bolt, not the larger one ! A small correction, when new the securing bolt didn't have a copper washer, however after being removed a few times there was the possibility of a fuel leak from the top of the bolt so to rectify the leak we use to fit a small copper washer under the head of the bolt. This was not a Ferrari part, basically a 6mm inside diameter copper washer

MW

7. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    Changed my fuel filter today, with all fuel lines around. Apart for the fuel contained in the filter housing, there was no leak when I removed the lines. Maybe there is a one-way valve inside the tank...
    My 2 cents

By the way: 79 308 GTB carbed