Importation | FerrariChat

Importation

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by VT DMC, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VT DMC

VT DMC Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Wilmoth Mack
    Does anyone have any contacts at an importer shop that could get me a Nissan Skyline?

2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    My little brother works for Nissan.
    He had told me that after the fast and fur movie came out,
    a wad of young entrepreneurs thought they would make a killing if they imported these cars and sold them to this fast and fur crowd.

What they found is most of these kids couldn't afford the car after it was made legal.
    And as fads die off, so did interest in these cars. Leaving these budding entrepreneurs holding the bag.

Good Luck with your search.

3. VT DMC

VT DMC Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Wilmoth Mack
    I think I've found a may to get around the legalization, but I'm trying to explore all my possibilities. I know about RB Motoring, but for the money its not worth 70k. If I can find an RI that would be willing to work with me, I think that is my best bet. Or if I can find one that is already in the country but no legal.

4. Danysh

Danysh Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Danysh Framroze
    If you'd like I could ask some friends of mine in Dubai, UAE to see what they can do. Let me know through here or by PM.

Cheers,

d

5. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    In addition to RBMotoring the only other place to my knowledge that can sell legalized Skylines is MotorEX (www.skylinegtr.com). I also recently heard that Evolution Imports in FL (www.evolutionimports.com) have imported numerous Skylines as well (they're known for importing Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII's). From what I understand they're working through some loophole in the law, but I don't know the details of it other than that I believe they disassemble the car and import it as parts then reassemble it and it's then registered like a kit car in a similar way to the Ultima GTR. There was a thread about this on the GTR Register this week as a matter of fact: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?threadid=21130 . Other than that there was an F-chat member selling some Skylines on here very recently too so if you do a quick search I'm sure you'll come across the thread.