AutoArt 1:18 Lambo Miura SV | FerrariChat

AutoArt 1:18 Lambo Miura SV

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 365boy, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Does anyone have this...?

I bought it today, and I have to say it's just about the best model I've ever seen - and that includes anything by Kyosho, Exoto or CMC.

Just about perfect for detail and accuracy - especially impressive since the Miura's is such a difficult shape to get just right. Certainly a lot better made than the real thing.

I would strongly recommend those of you who are able to to rush out and buy one immediately... (they do it in Yellow too).

Cheers, John

2. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
  3. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Yep,
    I was really tempted by the autoart one, after seeing the pics i'm going to have to buy a orange one.

4. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Eric:

If I did not know beforehand that that was a model I would have thought it was real! Awesome, I want to order one!

PS: The Hotwheels Enzo sucks...I was disapointed! I got mine yesterday and the right door would not close (had to bend the dogleg hinge) and it has no suspension. The rear wheels barely roll :( So I guess It will be a guinneapig for me to learn how to repaint models.

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That Miura looks great... i need to add one to my collection, but it looks like i'll be waiting before that happens... AutoArt makes some really neat stuff... i have a few Auto Art models at home...

Hey, Ross... i know what you mean about the Hot Wheels NNO; i have two, one red, one yellow... The color on the boot (in the back) seems slightly off compared to the rest of the car... It also seems to be a lighter plastic than the rest of the car and my doors will never stay OPEN... i open them up, but they fall down... My luck with the yellow one isn't much better... Maybe, whenever i get a black one, that one will be better...

Hot Wheels makes crap and they seem to want to charge a lot for that crap, to boot... i hope, when their contract is over, Ferrari doesn't renew it with them...

6. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Hey NNO, my Enzo is black so I didnt notice the color difference, but yeah the engine lid is plastic on mine.
    About the doors not staying open, you can try this, it worked for me:
    Remove the "Chassis" by removing the screws on the bottom of the car.
    Then turn the body over and look for two small shiny metal plates that hold the lower dogleg hinges to the metal body, which are held in place by small screws.
    By tightening these screws you can farther dampen the motion of the door when opening and closing relative to stock, and along with the next step they can help keep the doors open.
    Now look on the interior headliner piece (this piece is also the windsheild trim and rear engine cover hinge) on the roof panel (the body is still upside down) which is held in place by two screws. By tightening these the same effect can be had as above. Hopefully that will help.

Also something that stood out to me was that some of the grills on the car were, in fact, stickers :(

Sheesh, now I have to order an AutoART model...

BTW I plan on painting the Enzo Red with a Black stripe and Black paint around the air intakes. Think that will look good?

7. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    Wow! Very nice Miura that is! I already have a few Autoart models, but I have not seen this one yet. Must have! :))

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sounds a bit radical, i'm not sure... Any way to test it out before going through with the final job...?

Thanks for the suggestions about the doors on the NNO; i'm not sure i wanna start unscrewing things, but i'll definitely give it some thought...

9. frisbee54

frisbee54 Rookie

Apr 1, 2004
    Napa CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Morgan
    Where can you buy auto art models? do they have web address? Thanks Doug

10. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There are many places online to buy Autoart Models. Here's there website...AutoArt Models.com

There is an online site affiliated with Autoart now call AA Collection. It's a very nice site although a bit pricey.

If you look hard enought many of the older Autoart model can also be found for about half the original cost.

Here are a few more good sites to find AA models.

Gumball GT
    Sportcraft Cars
    Toys and hobbies
    Exoticar

and of course eBay for the hard to find stuff.

11. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    very slick. I've been awaiting impressions of this model. I've heard poor things about the Anson, but always expect high quality proportions on the AA's. I have a few of them myself.

12. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I also had the Anson version and there is really no comparison. The Autoart version is amazing.

I put my Anson Miura up on eBay in January and it actually sold for more than I paid for the Autoart.

13. frisbee54

frisbee54 Rookie

Apr 1, 2004
    Napa CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Morgan
    Thank You for the info Erik