Track Day | FerrariChat

Track Day

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Qvb, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    There is a track day coming up at the Streets of Willow on April 17th and 18th. It is put on by the Shelby club, but all cars are welcome.
    www.lasaac.org/ot_ap1st.htm

2. jdb

jdb Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    I'll go! One requirement jumped out at me: "Fire extinguisher - must be securely mounted in the cockpit."

Where can I go to get a fire extinguisher mounted in an M3?

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    One of the cleanest mounts for street cars is to make a u shaped piece of metal that bolts to the front seat floor mounting bolts. Then you can strap the fire extinguisher to the u shaped metal. This way you srill no holes. Go to a fire extinguisher shop (look in phone book) so you can get a metal fire extinguisher clip to hold your FE to the metal U. This way if you crash you don't have a FE break a plastic mount and become a projectile in your car. This is a really cheap event. Everyone should do it. In fact I have nver seen an event any cheaper.

4. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Monday is the last day to register without a late charge!

Check with your local BMW tuner, they should have a good solution.
    Also, you can buy an extinguisher that fits snuggly in your glovebox,
    or you can get one that mounts via velcro to your carpet (I did this before, and although the tech guy was not sure about it, he let it through and it worked fine (never moved)).