Hot Rod Hybrids | FerrariChat

Hot Rod Hybrids

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ive heard that the electronics on hybrids are very complicated. Have you heard of any tuners that are hot rodding these cars yet ? I'm thinking about a project :)

2. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Think bigger and start a racing series. It's inevitable, and would bring some much needed technical innovation back to the sport.

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Now that would be interesting to see the greenies & the racers hanging out together :) The impact is a nice little car to build a race car out of. The other Hybrids are all too ugly & dorky now

4. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Heres a sweet ride :)

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The programming for BMW is shockingly complex. Mercedes are a step higher at mind-boggling in complexity.

If I really wanted to spend a week's worth of my life wetting my pants, I would try and figure out what the hell is going on with hybrids.

However, if someone wanted to pay me to figure out the programming on say, a Prius, I will save you the dosh and just tell you to wet your pants on your own.

Or, if you are really brave, I will put the hardware on your account while I figure the **** out.

Either way, someone will wet their pants eventually.

Personally, I'd rather do it on someone else's dime.

6. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Toyota spent one billion US JUST for the factory that builds the electrnoiucs for their hybrid line. They were not willing to outsource this, because of the concern over quality of a complex component.

Check out the recent issue of MIT Technology magazine for an article on hybrids.