My Porsche Carrera GT is here!!!! | FerrariChat

My Porsche Carrera GT is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by labcars, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    At 10:00am this morning, I'm going over to the Porsche dealer to attend the delivery of my CGT to the dealer. I won't actually take delivery until next Sat., as I've got a biz trip starting tomorrow thru next Fri., and they need to have the right technician brought to the dealership to hell in final PDI and delivery. The dealer also intends to hold a reception (I agreed because they have always been good to me over the last fifteen years) at which the regional PCNA rep will congratulate me on taking delivery of the car. The car will be displayed on the dealers floor thru next Sat. HOORAY!!!!! Time to search out some Enzo's!!!!

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ain't life grand?

3. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Most of the time, but DEFINATELY today!!!!

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Congrats!!!

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Congrats! I can't wait to see it! :)

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Congratulations! After all this time, I'm glad to finally hear of these puppies hitting the ground. The Carrera is one hell of car. Has the pipeline finally been opened?

DrTax

7. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Don't know if the pipeline has been opened too much as I understand mine to be the 11th worldwide delivery.

8. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Great news Les!!! Is it yellow? I know you've been waiting a long time for this day. I hope your client doesn't mind you day dreaming during your business trip.

When will the Dino be finished?

9. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Many congratulations.

That is going to be one very exciting car to see on the street...

John

10. fj0

fj0 Karting

Mar 5, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mario B
    that is one hell of a car, congratulations and enjoy it in good health!

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Have any brokers called you ? LOL

Congrats.

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Will it be at Rosen?

And are you happy that it's going to sit on their floor for a week?

I think I'd post an armed guard.

Congrats!!

13. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Congrats. Are you dealing with Brandywine? Frank Donatoni? (an old friend from Algar). I understand that he is just starting to take delivery.Enjoy that car, its sublime.

14. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yo Mr. B that is awesome. What dealership will it be at? I will have to stop by and check it out. Congrats you deserve it! I can't wait to see that thing cruising down lancaster ave!
    Erik

15. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    PICS, PICS, PICS when you get the time of course and especially if it is red or yellow. Might be nice to see it parked next to a 550, 360 etc for comparison. take time adjusting to the lightweight flywheel. Enjoy.
    T

16. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Can i come visit it? :)

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Congrats !!!!

18. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Maybe I can hear that engine sing it's song all the way in NJ.That thing gives me goosebumps it sounds so good.But i've said that many times.

19. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I hope u really enjoy it, and use it a lot! what a shame it would be to have as a garage queen, enjoy it! congratulations! pics!

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Nice! What a car.

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Awesome...! Pictures, pictures...! PLEASE...! The Carrera GT is the NNO of the Porsche world...! i'm tempted to drive to Philly just to see it...!!!

Les, congratulations... i hope, when you get back, you take just enough time out to post pictures of the car before you go darting about the east coast in that beautiful machine...! What color is it...? Oh, man... Congratulations...

22. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    That's AWESOME Les! When will it be coming out here to AZ? Congrats!

23. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Kenny sent you an Email already! LOL

Good luck with the car, if you would like stretch the legs on her a bit PM me, i will give you information about this years running of the bulls we are having a closed course event at teh consumer reports testing facilities in CT.

OH yeah! POST PICS!

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How far is NY from Phila ? :D

Congrats on the great car ! What color ? Please overload the site with pics !!

25. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Okay, sorry to have been gone so long, but my son had a tennis tournament. Let me try and answer all the questions:
    Bill Sawyer: Sorry Bill, its official color is "Carrera GT Silver" with a natural grey interior which actually looks black. The Dino is ready and at Tim Stanford's in Ft. Lauderdale. It should be coming home in about a week, but will go back out to California for FCA, Concourso, and Pebble with Tim to present it.

Ralph: No brokers yet (LOL), but already been offerred well north of MSRP by a few folks.

Dave: I'm ok with it staying there for week, as there is still some PDI to be done. It's cordononed off, so no grimy paw prints.

whart: I know Frank well, but I got my car from Don Rosen's. I put the order in when I first saw a one inch piece in Autoweek in June of 1997!!!!!!!

Erik: Car is at Rosen's. Given the ground clearance, I don't know that you'll see it driving down Lancaster too much!!!!!!!

Carbon: I went to the dealer straight from the gym and didn't have my camera, but the tech who'll be doing the PDI had his digital and took lots of pics which he'll email to me and I'll post. Keep scrolling to read about the delivery process.

Pat: I'll be back in AZ on the 16th, but the GT is staying east for some time.

Andrew: j'espere que tout va bien en Paris. Philly is 110 miles from the apple. I make that trip regularly (I'm from NYC originally). Come on by anytime.

The delivery to the dealer drew quite a crowd this morning. The car arrived by Intercity. The carrier had two GT's: mine and one going to northern NJ. The truck was driven by a Porsche trained, husband and wife delivery team. The wife rolled the car off the lift gate, and was REQUIRED to wear a white cotton jumpsuit, cotton booties over her shoes, and white gloves!!! Once the car comes off the liftgate, there is a long checklist which the truckers go over with the dealer, including accounting for the FIFTEEN pieces of what's called "luggage", including the usual pieces seen before, but also including Sunglass cases for both driver and passenger!! Once that's done, you go over the car with a fine tooth comb, looking for any imperfections or damage to the carbon fiber body and panels. After this was done, I was given the keys and started her up, then drove her around the dealership grounds, straight onto the showroom floor where it was cordoned off and locked down. The odo was showing 31 miles, and you can bet I'll check it before I take formal delivery next Sat.!!!!!!! All in all, it was an amazing process, but necessary for such an exotic, I guess. Can't wait to put it on the street!!!!!