Finally, I fulfill the dream...... | FerrariChat

Finally, I fulfill the dream......

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In the 7 years I've been living here, I had not seen a Ferrari on the streets of Marietta. Late this afternoon, I finally made sure others would see one, as I took my 328GTS out for the first drive since I bought the car!

Admittedly, the main purpose for the drive was to charge the battery, since it was dead when I first tried to start it up yesterday. (It had only run sparingly since leaving CA three weeks ago.) So after AAA jump-started the car, I figured the best thing to do was to take it for a nice drive.

While I was out, I stopped by the local hobby shop and pizzeria to show them the car (since I had told them it was coming), and everyone really liked seeing it. Well, the owner of the pizzeria knew about the car, but the kid behind the counter didn't, and he didn't believe it until he came outside and saw it.

Tomorrow, I'm going for a longer drive, and this time I'm taking the top off.....

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jim, that's pretty cool, congratulations... Now if only WE could see it... :D

Funny, though; i was in Atlanta last week and saw a Ferrari; ok, it was a fake, a fraud, a replica, deceit in motion... but i saw it... :)

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Here's a photo of me sitting in the car before it left California. I'll take one in my driveway here the next time I have print film in my camera. (When it comes to photography, I'm a traditionalist.)

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So no digital camera for you, huh...? No sweat...

Nice picture... Congratulations on the car... How long have you had it...? Care to give us some driving impressions...? Is this your first exotic...? Your first sports car...? What's the serial number...?

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, I've owned it for three weeks, but it spent the first two of those weeks getting here from CA; it arrived on the truck Monday morning. However I didn't get the insurance confirmed until Friday afternoon.

It's definitely harder to drive than my Civic SI, but when I put on narrow-sole shoes, it wasn't too bad. The gated shifter feels quite notchy, but I never missed any gears and before too long I found I could shift without looking at the gate. The ride is firm, but that is to be expected. Once I figured out how the parking brake worked--again it felt much different than the Honda--I was actually able to stop and start on an incline without rolling backwards. It's definitely not a real comfortable car, but that didn't bother me one bit! I'll get more used to it in time.

And yes, it's my first exotic and my first sports car; in fact it's the first time I've ever owned two cars. The Honda will still get the lion's share of my driving, but the F-car will always be there for those special times. The s/n is 62319 and I've already added that to the 328 Registry.

As I said, I want to exercise it some more tomorrow, and then on Monday I'll take some time off from work to get it emissions inspected and titled.

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, congratulations on your first Ferrari... i hope you get all sorts of enjoyment out of it...

The pedals and shifter always take some getting used to, but it sounds like you're already there... Thanks for the serial number... How many miles are on the car...? You should double it tomorrow... Just go drive and drive until you can't drive anymore... Have fun; enjoy it... Congratulations... and post pictures when you get a chance... :)

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the encouragement. It has just under 48,000 miles on it, so doubling it anytime soon is highly unlikely!

After seeing the photos of that fake "308" not too far from here, I took a second look to verify that mine is the genuine article! No doubt about it; no Fiero here!

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...! i was certainly duped...

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    nice 328, keep the pollen off of it by driving it often!!!! good luck with the idiots at the ga dmv.