SATURDAY DRIVE 4-3-04 | FerrariChat

SATURDAY DRIVE 4-3-04

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    For those of you that don't have NW Clubchat, I have been convinced that driving on Saturday morning is better than digging a ditch. There is some interest in driving the Lake Cavenaugh/Big Lake route with a possible lunch at the Farmhouse Restaurant and a drive throught the farmland south to Conway and Stanwood. There is also the option of continuing north with one of our members to B.C. if you feel like a freeway run.

I believe Kuzi will be leaving Northgate at 9:00 and I will be at Denny's, exit 208 at 9:30. Just look for my yellow 308.

Any suggestions are welcome!
    Hope to see you there!
    DJ (Spasso):D

2. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I just got out of it. Too political for me. I love my freedom. Thanks for posting it here. I will consider joining you guys. The weather should be PERFECT!!

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Don't forget your radios! Channel 12, subchannel 8:p

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hi Guys,
    I just drove the route I was hoping we could take tomorrow but it looks like anything west of Mt.Vernon is a bust due to the Tulip traffic. I got stuck in it for about 45 minutes and that was taking the back roads! *&#$*(^$ (Thanks for the heads up Dave H)
    Tomorrow it will be worse and the Farmhouse is booked for the Tulip Buffet (tour buses included) so I drove around for another hour and cooked up a SWELL route we can take with lots of VARIETY!
    The new route is an expanded Big Lake run that circles back to a new restaurant here in Arlington called the Eagle Crest. The drive itself should take a little over an hour. I made reservations for 6-8 people sometime between 11:00 and 11:30.
    Does this sound okay for everyone?
    See you all tomorrow!
    Spasso

5. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    sounds great I'm in.

6. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    I will try and meet the Kuzi at Northgate at 0900 too.. looks like it will be a nice day for the ride. I will try and bring my friend from NY. He has never been in a Ferrari let alone seen a group of them go.... anywhere.

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Looking forward to the ride!

8. shelbee

shelbee Guest

It was fun and glad to see your garage is almost completed. We will do the run again pretty soon as the weather is getting nicer and nicer,

Shelbee

9. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The weather couldn't have been better. A smaller group of cars but easier to stay together that way. I think this new route should be tried again at about 7:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning with no other traffic:).

I will continue to scout out a few new routes and eateries for the future.
    Lunch at the Eagle Crest didn't seem too bad. We could try that again too if it's agreeable. It wouldn't be too bad a meeting place for future activities either.

Hopefully the next time you guys show up at my house I'll have the shop done, a new maid and shrimp on the barbie, or a maid named Barbie or a new shrimp or something like that.

Very good to see everybody and sorry to miss the others that couldn't make it.

Have a good Sunday!
    DJ

10. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #10 Spasso, Apr 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    MAN ! ! That looks so great and what a day to take a drive. I'm sorry that I couldn't go along so I wait for more pictures.
    Boberatti

12. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Kudos to Brians Alfa. Welcome anytime!
    DJ

13. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    Thanks DJ. I was pushing here a little harder than usual today. It was the first time I've ever gotten her into 4 wheel drift. Man that feels funny on a front wheel drive car.

Great drive today Thanks for leading.

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Too bad I missed this one. I really like the routes up there.

The dealer should have the 30K mile service done by next week. The weather better stay clear next Saturday. :)

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Holy cow Brian!
    Sorry about that. I was pushing a little harder today because the car was driving so good after the alignment this week. Just remember that I always wait for everybody to catch up before the next segment. Don't want any accidents.
    It was kind of fun getting loose though.:D

16. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

nice, nice - so that was your car at FoS - it did look pretty complete to me - but I can feel with you not having the car :)

17. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I look forward to see your "NEW" Cs Thomas,

Shelbee

18. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    DJ,

I don't see Lem's and Kuzi's cars in the pictures. Did they make the drive?

19. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    The Blue 355 looked like John's...it's been a while buddy.

Sorry to I missed the drive, still waiting for the rocket to come in...;-)

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Lem was having some technical difficulties...we took off, and asked him to meet us at exit 208...we waited for 20 or 30 minutes and he didn't show up, so we left. Kuzi left for Vancouver after the drive; we then went for lunch and saw DJ's garage.

Man, didn't anyone get a picture of the blonde hotie? She was from Poland, and the accent...(sigh) :)

21. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Sorry you guys, I had what looked like an overheating issue, we got it cured but my east coast co-pilot was nervous... really nervous about ...gasp, ... too much speed. We headed north and was somewhat set upon by that group of beemers... I asked him how much speed was too much, and he let me know. So rather than have you guys drag around a wet towel we turned back and I took him on a city tour. My 308 did not even hiss let alone smoke for the rest of the day. We must have driven around for another 4 hours. Thank you all for waiting for me, and I am sorry for the hold ups and delay's I caused. You guys are something else.... "Fastback".... you got your "eyes" (both sets) on....Friends is the other word that begins with an "F"...Oh... please keep the other "F"-word to yourself it has no place here.... Forgive me Spasso....

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Sorry about the difficulties Lem,
    There will be other runs. I have to agree that if I have a copilot on board they can't be nervous about above normal acceleration and hard braking. It helps if they have a little faith in the driver too. Faith; another 'F' word.:p

At least you were able to drive around and enjoy the weather.WOW!

23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    DJ,
    Thanks again for organizing the drive! Great roads, and wonderful weather...Perhaps next time we could just go exploring up north further? I really like the area north of Bellingham (either side of I-5) we could end up at the Resort at Semiahmoo for lunch....

Just a thought....maybe I should get off my butt and go map something out. :)

24. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    My thoughts exactly! I am not familiar with many of the roads up north except for the North Cascades Highway and I-5 basically. If I run into a chance to explore I'll take a run up and see what I can find.

I remember last year Willis starting a run up Highway 9 all the way to the border then back on I-5. Maybe that could be modified to take advantage of side roads on the way back?

Always open to suggestions!

25. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    MORE Impromptu drives please!!!!!!!!................Dana........great roads!!

Wished I could have joined you guys for lunch........2 hours at the border even at the truck crossing.......freakin nightmare!! But the weather was just perfect........even got a farmers tan:).....and the rest of the drive up was awesome! I love Vancouver!........can't wait for June 19-20.