Speedvision program IMOLA 1004 :( | FerrariChat

Speedvision program IMOLA 1004 :(

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SupercarGuru, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Hey Everyone!

I just watched a incredible program, it was the replay or re airing of Aryton Sennas tragic last drive, (Imola 1994) and it was featured by speedvision and it featured new commentary.

Did anyone see it??

It talked about how another driver died the same weekend the day before and when F1 regulators were looking thru the remains on the late Sennas car instead of finding his "coined" "trademark" Brazilian flag rolled up and ready to be waved at the end of the race... they found a red and white flag...... Senna was determined to win the race in tribute of the other driver who died and instead of waving his traditional Brazilian flag like he would at the end of the race, he must have planned to wave the Austrian flag in honor of the fellow race car driver who died the day before...

Beautiful Story!

Rest in Peace Aryton!

-jt

2. ebrigham

ebrigham Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    I saw some of it - very sad. I wasn't following F1 in 1994 - I had no idea just how tragic and messed up the whole weekend was.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont want to watch that again..I cried for 3 days !

4. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

Same here...i had chills the whole time... i was still young in 94 and i was upset then but i never realized the magnitude of the weekend etc.

The whole time i watched it, my already strong opinion about Schumi grew stronger and worse. ...

-jt

5. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water

Why's that? MS didn't do anything bad in that race. Sure he won but AS crash didn't have anything to do with MS.

Looking back maybe the track officials should have called the race once the results of the accident were known.

6. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I don't remember any part of the race the first time around. I was too little then. Even if I did I doubt I would have realised the magnitude of the events of the entire weekend.