First Carrera GT??? | FerrariChat

First Carrera GT???

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by markr, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
  2. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
  3. jmiles360

jmiles360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    J. Miles
    It is the Second GT. Jerry Seinfeld got the first.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    The car is freakin' sweet!! Specially like the straight-on shot. See resemblances to a McLaran F1 from that angle.

Regards.

5. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    The guy on Ebay is dreaming. These cars can still be had at a number of dealers around the States for MSRP. Guess he wants to advertise he has the car and hopes for an uninformed buyer-unlikely.

6. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    ...which brings up an interesting point........what kind of listing fees are there on a 600, 000 item ??

anyone have any insight ?

hps

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T

Really which dealer have you seen one at?

8. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Senna: Did you look at the lower web site that brings you to an e bay listing? Its the same car from McKenna Motors!

Re asking "buy it now price"...Wow, $200,000 over list...they are they f8*ken nuts! There are dellers that can bring in these cars at list...Why would they not just sell it to one of their best customers and gain some good will?

I can not believe Porsche N/A does not step in and curb this BS. At least Ferrari dealers sell new cars for list price, used prices are a different ball game...market rules these prices (up or down)!

But, the GT does look impressive ;)

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    About $80, depending on what sort of showcase options you set (ie, gallery display, # of pictures, etc.). eBay charges a flat fee for vehicle listings, regardless of make, model or even, yes, heritage.

Regards.

10. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Wow. It must be the first, I think.

11. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    it's called supply and demand,my friend...or stupidity...and there are people that match both of these.

yes it does....i'm torn on the engine cover.....not sure if i like it or not.

12. plapham

plapham Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    There was a silver GT at the autoshow in Detroit. Very sweet up close!

13. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I used to be the finance director at McKenna and I'm certain the eBay listing is not theirs, it's completely bogus. If anybody's curious enough, call Neil Okun at (562) 868-3233 and ask him.

14. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I love the car. I have seen a couple of videos of the car, and it sounds so incredible. I would take one, why not!? :)

15. Stickanddice

Stickanddice Formula 3

Nov 2, 2002
    Which dealer is selling at MSRP?

Cheers

16. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    It is actually number 4. The first three went to Seinfeld, Leno, and Letterman. My car, Chassis #11 (the 6th customer car) Is expected to arrive, as a group of three, in late feb.- early march. The rumor on the McKenna car (I have nothing to substantiate it) is that the car was "delivered" to the dealer principal and is consequently not subject to PCNA's policy of selling at no more than MSRP. Given the slow arrivals of an almost entirely handbuilt car, I suspect that the first dozen or so cars will command some substantial premiums. Why should this be any different than was the case with the Enzo?

17. Redline Drift

Redline Drift Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Thats interesting, on the E show recently - Celebrities Uncensored the Paparazzi spot him getting out of a Silver Audi asked him why he wasnt driving his new Porsche I think this is the same one and Seinfeld said he wouldnt park it on the street.

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think they make them to order - I don't think that many dealers are buying them to put in the showroom for a buyer who hasn't already paid for it.

But, the CGTs are not all sold, you can get order one now, get it for retail in 2005.

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The Porsche dealer here in Calgary that I used to manage can get you a CGT at MSRP in about 12-18 months.

Interestingly enough, the deal is that the US MSRP of $440K is being used (PCNA buys all the cars for Canadian dealers) and you pay in Canadian dollars at the time of delivery. Switching the exchange risk to the client means that you'll have to start hedging your car purchases.

20. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    A Beautiful Car w/ an Ugly Rear Wing (GT3?) and an Ugly Shift Knob.

21. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    I bet that car flys

22. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I've always been impressed with Porche's quality and at the local health club I admire a certain Carrera that shows up now and then. It's a black car and the fit and finish are superb. But style-wise I've never been enthusiastic. But this new GT car is awesome in appearance I must admit. It's gotta be near or at the top of the supercar heap. Can't wait to see some real world test data. Very cool car.

23. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nope, Its not first, second, or third

Champion Porsche has #3 (South FL)
    Park Place Porsche has #4 (Dallas)
    BH Porsche has #5 (SoCal)

I saw one 3 weeks ago @ Park Place Porsche. I took pics, but I need to develop them b/c I took them w/my disposable camera that I keep in my car.

24. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Is Seinfelds an East coast (Hamptons) car? Anybody know?

25. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Tim Allan has one too. Is anyone going to see the one at Don Roson Porsche next weekend?