check engine light on 355 | FerrariChat

check engine light on 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ROCKY1634, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROCKY1634

ROCKY1634 Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    I am having problems with the check engine light on my 1997 355. my code reader gives me the following codes; P1448, P1449, P0422 and P0432. the P0422 and P0432 are generic codes relating to main catalyst efficiency below threshold on bank 1 & 2. the other two are ferrari specific codes and I don't know what they are. I suspect that my problems are O2 sensor related but b-4 I replace all 4 sensors I would see what the panel thinks. by the way the car has 29000 miles on it. any help will be appreciated, thanks

2. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    I've just got the P1448 ... Catalyst flap by pass circuit ..

Where did you get your definition of the cats acting below efficiency ... I've just had two new cats (under warranty) ... do you know anything about P1128 ... Upstream HO2S sensor swapped?

Looks like we have something in common!

By the way ..main dealer said they did not have the P1448 code in their books.

Pete

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

Just to let you guys know, codes that come from the Ferrari using a reader that is not SD1 or 2 will really be junk to dia with. The readers clear them pretty well though.

As for the by-pass, check all 3 of your slow down ECU's. Most likely one or all 3 have a crack that has developed around the outside edge where the plastic meets the black inner gell stuff. Ferrari has updated these ECu's to a green material to stop the cracking.

Good Luck to you.