Now that there's one more F-car in Marietta.... | FerrariChat

Now that there's one more F-car in Marietta....

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I finally got my 328GTS on the street here this afternoon, and while a car like this will never be really "comfortable", I did get used to it before too long. In its own way, it felt real good!

I'd like to meet other Ferrari owners in this general area for lunch on Sunday. I was thinking about someplace like Joe's Crab Shack in Kennesaw, where we could eat on the deck (it should be warm enough) and keep an eye on our cars at the same time. About 12:00, perhaps.

Or does anyone else have any better ideas? Now that I'm paying for the car, I can't really afford expensive meals! (An interesting paradox.)

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What, nobody's eating lunch today?

3. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    If you are ever in Birmingham, I'll treat you to lunch.

4. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey Jim, how are you? Sorry for the delay in replying to you. I think it might be a tad cold and windy to eat outside. However, I think just about everyone is at Road Atlanta for the Porsche Club races! I'm headed that way right now!!

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to be warming up as much as I expected. I guess "al fresco" motoring will have to wait.

The only Porsches I care about are the real racing ones: 907s, 908s, 917s, 936s, 956s, 962s.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    my vette is supposed to sell today, so i am stuck around the house more or less. its nice here in savannah, a little cool , but that makes the cars go faster!!!! ( cold dense air!!) take the car out to lunch, buy it a full tank of fuel and drive it all day!!!! the smile you will wear all day will be worth it! cheers, michael

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Jim, the last time I was at a PCA race event, there was a 917 and a 904, along with your normal spattering and slew of 911s, 944s, and 914s. Fun stuff to watch, and I think it is free to get in!! Yeaaa!

8. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    Sorry I didn't get my email sooner or I would have been there.