Window stopped working on '94 348 Spider | FerrariChat

Window stopped working on '94 348 Spider

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 348_Spiderman, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've only had the car since the first week of February. The window was working fine until about two weeks ago. The passenger side would not go down. I could hear a clicking sound but nothing would happen. After about 20 minutes of driving the car, I tried the switch again, and it worked.

Now, when I hit the switch, I hear a clicking noise, however, the window will not lower. Driver's side works fine, passenger doesn't.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Mike

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Hi, Mike! Congratulations on your Spider, hope the power window problem is minor.

If you look at the thread "1993 348TSS Window..." here in the Tech Q&A section, post #5, you will see two links about this common problem on 348's. You can make a quick check just by trying the switch while you open and close the doors, or by jiggling the wire bundles in the door jamb while you try the switch. Good luck, let us know what happens.

3. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I must have been hasty in my original search. I should have narrowed my search to just the technical Q&A section. I haven't yet had a chance to check out to see if that is the same problem that I'm experiencing but it sure sounds Identical. I check it out and let you know.

Thanks again!

Mike

4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Hey Mike,

I know a F-car owner that travels up your way each week that can help you with this... but it will cost you a beer or two...

Let me know if you need a hand breaking it apart and getting it moving again.

Rich

5. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the car out this afternoon, by the time I got back to read the reply, The car was already safe and sound back in the garage. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. If I have trouble finding the root, I'll be sure to take you up on your friend's expertise. (You'll have to clue me in to what kind of beer he likes so I can be sure to have a case or two on hand) :)

Mike

6. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here's my update. It turns out that the connector that plugs into the window motor was loose to the point that minor vibrations could cause it to lose connections. I was able to crimp down a bit on the sleeve so when I plugged it back into the motor, it stayed connected (before I did this, there was virtually no resistance when disconnecting the wire from the motor). So far, flawless operation.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and info. I guess this is one more thing to check for those of you out there with 348 window problems.