Saturday (11/22/03) Drive?? | FerrariChat

Saturday (11/22/03) Drive??

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GaryReed, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The weather is supposed to be clear and sunny this Saturday, compared to the lousy rainy/flooding conditions we are having right now.

My new Boxer is finally licensed and ready for a drive. Anyone up for meeting somewhere Saturday morning/afternoon?

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Sorry to have missed your BB unveling last weekend..............I was in BC. I would definitley be up for a drive this saturday. Just let me know where or when.

3. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    By the way. Sweet profile pic of the BB!!
    Is that Alki?

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Does that mean I need to take the snow tires off of the 308? :)

DJ

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yep, the photo was taken just south/west of Alki beach, down on Beach Drive SW. Which is south of the light house, etc..

I wish I would have remembered to switch my camera to it's highest res setting though. It would have made a great 8x10 or larger photo, if I had done that.

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I'm in, just let me know where and when....

BTW, Gary, that is almost directly in front of a friend of mine's house, they live in the 3500 block of Beach Drive SW

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    BTW, with both the expected cold temperatures and leaves on the ground, we need to be careful about where we plan the drive....Skagit Valley may be good, as there are not many shady spots or lot of trees...

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    My car could use some exercise. :)

Someone pick the area and time.

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Yes, does anyone have a good idea for a drive??

I really don't want to lead the group, since I'm still learning the car's handling/power, etc... But, I'm game for some fun roads!

10. larry

larry Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    i'm game! though lunch for me would be Wellers Chalet.

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I have a route mapped out from SR9 in Arlington heading northeast up to Big Lake then back west to Mt. Vernon. Unfortunately it is mostly in the trees............still, after the wind storm we had two days ago there may not be any leaves.

Maybe somebody can add a cruise route north from Mt.Vernon to make the drive more worthwhile.

I am not receiving any posts from our own 'clubchat' and get fatal error messages when I post so communications will have to be direct to my new Email address. Anybody else having this problem with our 'clubchat'?

DJ

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    DJ,

I could receive our club email but cannot send out general messages. Sending to individual members seems to be working though. It's been like this for a while for me and a few others.

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Thanks Willis, I have been working some upgrades on my 'Dinosaur64' and it is having some teething problems. Not exactly sure what is going on.

As far as the drive goes, I think I can work up a route leading west and south from Mt.Vernon, through Stanwood and back to I-5 via the route we took to Bruno's Birthday, (remember Willis? ;-)). This would turn the drive into a circle route starting and ending at exit 208. This route would last about an hour I think (?).

For those that are hungry after the run O'Briens Turkey House (at 208) has good eats.

Just a thought.............................................

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    OK, so what's the plan? Who's the leader for this adventure?

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Hey Larry, I thought your car was laid up for the winter?

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    For those interested,

Even though the high temp is only going to be 38-43 f I am going to get the 308 out for a run. (with caution).

I mapped out a route from exit 208 east to SR9 turning north, up the east side of SR9, around Big Lake to the southern edge of Mt. Vernon, from there southwest to the Pioneer Highway (SR530) and into Stanwood from the north. Once through Stanwood, east up the Stilliguamish Valley to I-5 and south to exit 208 for lunch.

I have already driven the first half of the route a couple of weeks ago. Lots of turns and in the trees but still a good drive.

The second half I drove last April returning from LaConner. It's out in the open and should get some sun.

I will be in the Denny's parking lot (exit 208) at 11:00. I'll hang around until 11:15 or so. Hopefully by then things will have warmed a bit.

Don't forget your radio!

DJ

17. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Gary, congrats on the new BB. That picture looks fantastic. You kept the Fiat, right?

18. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Russ, thanks! Yes, I kept the Fiat Turbo. I sold my previous Ferrari (308QV) to make room for the Boxer.

Dana, I will try to make it at 11AM for the drive. Hopefully the roads will be OK tomorrow. There's snow on the ground this morning in the Burien/Sea-Tac area!!

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The roads between Arlington and Everett were damp in a few places but mostly dry. 70 MPH all the way in.

No snow around Arlington at all.

I am thinking we might have to take it easy on the first half of the run because it's in the hills but out in the valley should be FUN!

There are two short stretches on I-5 for acceleration checks too. ;-)

See you there, DJ

20. larry

larry Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    . . . nope; just needs a new windshield. which i'll track down next year.
    see ya tomorrow!

21. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    How about meet at the usual Northgate place around 10AM then caravan to join DJ?

22. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The more the better!

23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Did any of you invite others from the local club cause many don't peruse F-chat? Dave L., Dan, R.? Jackson, Albert, Will D., Dave and Diane, etc?

24. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I was hoping somebody here was successful in spreading the word on our 'clubchat'. It doesn't work for me anymore. Anybody else?

I'll be back online at home later this afternoon after I get my computer back from the hospital.

DJ

25. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    I can forward the message to D. Schirmer and have him send it to the chatlist. Since this is last minute we may not see a large turnout. Wills, 10am at northgate it is!!