Ferrari Drivers cannot drive properly.... apparantly | FerrariChat

Ferrari Drivers cannot drive properly.... apparantly

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Badapple, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Right :)

seems theres just an ***** on that forum.

2. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Well, we don't need to prove a point and revv up next to every car that stops next to us. we know what our cars and we are capable of doin. just do it at the right time and place!!!

3. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Cliosport.net? What's a clio? Isn't that like an acedamy award or something?

4. silverf1modena

HaHa!!!! Thas too funny! hahahhahahahahhaha! It's a little European compact, if I'm not mistakin.
    Or wait was it the name of the son on the Cosby show? Theo? Clio?
    Aahh! Maybe they are Clio-Patra fans!!! ^_~! Sorry if i offended anyone, but just had to!!!=P

5. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    are Clio guys frustrated ?.............

are they in weekend home after psychiatry...........?

Clio Forum, hhaaaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa, what can they talk about ?
    Yes, about Ferraris that are going 50 MPH......

Ok, go back to your Clio, and continue playing your Playstation, you will see how fast a Clio is going compared to the rest.

Clio forum, never though it would exist in our world, hahahahahaha.

greetings, vincent

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    A few too many children on that forum. If you own an F50 and can't drive it at top speed, learn how. If you have a 92 Jetta and you can get the maximum out of the car then so beit. Grouping all F-car drivers together in such a broad topic is either silly or stupid. That's like saying all green houses are cold in winter. A lot of those guys are just bashing F-cars. If you live near one of them, challenge them to a race. Let's see you can drive what.

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I actually read all the posts in that thread, and it looked to me that most of the posters seemed to agree that (1) most Ferrari guys don't need to prove anything, (2) Ferraris are favorite police targets so why risk it on a public road and (3) the Ferrari guys are probably at the track on Sunday while the clio guys are posting . . .

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    This guy posts to F-chat on occaision...says he has "met us", but other than coming here to "smack talk", I don't recall him actually meeting anyone, we even offered to meet him over in the Northwest section and show him our cars.

http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/showthread.php?t=87096

Anyone is entitled to an opinion...but it certainly doesn't mean it is worth anything (I suppose I can include myself in that statement... :) )

If you run a search of his name "fastback33" on this site, you can find his comments here as well...

9. AcademyAwardDriver

Apr 4, 2004
    Quite a few Ferrari owners have been directed towards our forum from this thread so I thought it only fair to come over here and have my say!

First thing's first, the topic of the original post was stupid, an uneducated, over-generalising view that someone chose to air, and by no means represents the opinions of the majority of people who posted on the thread. I'm glad that some of you bothered to read the thread before slating it. It's true, there are a fair few youngsters on the forum who post stupid comments. I recommend you read the whole thread before you make your minds up and start stereotyping owners of "little European compacts".

The Cliosport.net forum is mostly dedicated to the sports models in the Renault Clio range, although due to high insurnace premiums in the UK, many of the younger members have lower model Clios. For those of you that don't know what a Renault Clio is, I can only assume this is because you're an American. Clio's actually have a good motorsport pedigree. The top of the range Clios are what are known as "hot-hatches", and although obviously leagues and leagues below Ferrari's, are quick for what they are, corner and handle very well (this is important in Europe), and are well respected in their class! There is an interesting thread about a supercharged Clio V6 racing a Ferrari 355 on the "Driving Tales" forum if anyone i interested?

Finally, to mock people for owning a Clio, or having a forum dedicated to them.........well, you just make yourselves sound as ignorant as the guy who posted the original "Ferrari Drivers" thread in our forum. I love Ferrari's, but hey, everyone's got to start somewhere, and if some of you were down to earth enough to educate yourselves you might realise the Clio isn't such a bad place to start.

10. silverf1modena

Sorry if I offended anyone, but just had to!!!=P[/QUOTE]

As you can see, I was just joking around. And when I said little European compact, I didn't mean anything by it. Because that's what they are little European compacts. I'm sorry if you took that remark in a bad way.
    And to be honest with you I like the Renault Clio's. I have seen a silver one all modded up w/beefy rims and tires and it was very nice and sounded all that much better! But you can't blame me for having a little fun when I saw a remark that wasn't appropriate about Ferrari owners, because not all are that way and if they were, maybe they just wanna cherish their most prized possession. To each is own..
    Now it was my mistake not to read all of the thread, but I was just judging by what was posted on this thread, so I do apologize on that part. Please go to your forum and tell the rest of your members not to take offense. I didn't mean to start a lil war. Plus I was speaking on my behalf so please do not hate any of the other members here for me joking around. Thank you!

11. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Here it is.

12. AcademyAwardDriver

Apr 4, 2004
    No problem fella, I was one of the guys sticking up for the Ferrari drivers (as were most people actually). There's no war, the F-car (if thats what you call them!) owners who posted over on our forum seemed really sound, making some good points.

No offence taken, everyone makes lighthearted jokes at other peoples car and their stereotypical owners, it's all good fun. I don't think many other people have bothered to come over and read this thread or there might be a few more comments!

Fan512bbi, you must have deliberately gone to look for the most ridiculous looking examples you could find. Be fair and upload a pictures of one that hasn't been ruined by the owner, perhaps one of the new 182's or V6's, or tell me how to upload myself!!

EDIT - no offence if it's yours but it's not to my taste!

13. silverf1modena

Here is a newer better Clio V6, somewhat like the one I saw but in blue.

14. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    The Clio is a crappy little Renault. I had one as a rental car in Mallorca for a few days. Kind of a French Yugo.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  16. silverf1modena

OOPS! How do you post pictures?

17. AcademyAwardDriver

Apr 4, 2004
    You sound like a guy who knows his cars, lol

18. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    #19 Badapple, Apr 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I must admit I'd really love a go in the V6.
    Saw one a while back & they are brilliant. I've also been in the cup version a few times & really enjoyed it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. silverf1modena

Thanx bad apple and amenasce for postin the pix! I can't seem to post mine! But that silver one is very much like the one I saw but the one I saw had some dEEP dish mesh wheels on it! Yea, I like the Clio V6(pictured) version better than the non wide bodied ones look wise and performance wise!

20. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Silvermodena, being cheeky now but after lookin at your profile can I ask what do you do in the music industry?

21. AcademyAwardDriver

Apr 4, 2004
    #22 AcademyAwardDriver, Apr 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This is the MkII Clio V6 (if the image uploads). 255bhp, mid-engined, rear wheel drive and I think it looks gorgeous. Probably not enough to impress some of you Ferrari owners, but a lot of fun for a "crappy French Yugo". Incedentally, as Badapple says, the lesser 182 and Cup versions are also fun little cars and would perhaps make a good everyday drive for cautious Ferrari owners??!!

22. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    was going to say that I KNOW some cars that are only ever driven around the West End, but the thread starter on that site probably doesnt so his statements still stand as being silly. I used to love hitting 4Krpm in the 355 sans cat con tubi. Best sound on this earth imo. Miss it dearly... In the city, with the high buildings... pure bliss... why the **** would you want to drive fast?? Because it sounds even better at 130MPH!!!! I think I need to add a dearly missed car to my garage. Are 355 challenge cars viable, and street legal in the UK?

internet message boards... dontcha just love them? Fight fight fight fight. ha ha ha.

what were you doing trawling the clio site anyway badapple? :)

Weather is improving, and I'm getting Ferrari withdrawal symptons, whens the next hoon?

23. silverf1modena

Hi Badapple! I am mostly in the production part of music. I PM'd ya more in depth.^_~! Oh and that is an AWESOME ClioV6 Academyaward driver!!! How much do those run and are they left or right habd drive cars? Oh nevermind, they are righthand drives. I saw some in korea. HMmm... I wonder if you can take one to the States...EPA DOT costs????

24. AcademyAwardDriver

Apr 4, 2004
    Thats how it comes out of the factory. I'm almost 100% certain you can get them in LHD aswell, seeing as they are a French car. They're 3 litre, 255bhp, 221 lb ft torque, which is quite a lot for a small car. They cost around £25k new. I want one.

*EDIT*- in fact the one in the photo is LHD. That'd be a pretty rare ride in the states!