Wrecked the Kart | FerrariChat

Wrecked the Kart

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ART360, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

Well, my first race turned into a little disaster. Seems I ziged when I should have zagged, and got the rear axle bent and a small tour of the weeds.

On a motorcyle, I'd probably have gotten a short trip to the ER, so at least this is an easier sport.

Art

2. bkaird1

bkaird1 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Sorry to hear that Art. At least your OK. By the way, what exactly is it that you race? It sounds fun... are there some links I could use to learn about the karts, costs, rules, etc?

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

I have a 125cc Tony, shifter cart. I'd start here:

http://www.nkn.com/

That should have all the links you'll get to get more information on carts.

The shifter is 3.2 seconds , 0 - 60, so its faster than my 355, generates about 2 Gs, so its a lot faster than the f-car.

Art

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i had no idea they were so fast and could generate those "g's"! wow.

5. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Art,

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're ok. Hopefully not black and blue?

So is the kart repairable or do you have to put in for a whole new one? What all is mucked up? Don't let this scare you from the next race (I'm sure it won't).

--Dan

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Art...Though slow, my 100cc Tony is at your disposal. With the pipe, you would have fun. Sorry about your incident :(

Ps: How did Jeff do?

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Very glad you're OK, Art. Put a precautionary ice pack wherever you feel any soreness - tensing up when you know you're about to get slammed = extra soreness in places.

You're fearless & will remain undaunted, so take your repaired kart and get right back out there.

8. ART360

ART360 Guest

Just broke the rear axle (actually bent it) was talking with Kim Le Baron, distributor of the Crose carts just before. Seems that Kim used to finish behind me at the AFM races in the 80s. He'd told me that he'd get me a 50mm rear axle just before I needed one, hehehe. Should be fixed in time for Thursday afternoon at Sears. I'll be a little black and blue, but no ER, so all in all, a good day. Thanks for the concern.

Art

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "...a little black and blue..." means ICE! NOW, Mister!

*Cracks whip*

Seriously - ice during first 24 hours, heat thereafter.