questions on various operations of my new car | FerrariChat

questions on various operations of my new car

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by abarthracer, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    I just had my Mondial delivered today and it is missing a owners manual, so you guys are the next best thing. I have a few questions. This is a 1985 QV Coupe, 22K miles
    * How do the driving lights in the front bumper come on?
    * Should the radiator fan stay on even though the car is off?
    * is the heater fan supposed to operate on a rheostat type system, and is it a true climate control type where the fan automatically kicks in when it is below the set temp?
    *normal warm idle speed
    *what is happening when you push the "P" button on the console and the light symbol comes on in the dash. I know it is some kind of parking lite operation, just not sure when to use it.
    * what are all of the lights next to the descriptions on the console? If they aren't on does that mean that item is not working?
    That is all for now. THanks in advance and I am sure there will be more!
    David

2. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    check your e-mail. Sent you a free "gift" :)

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    David, you may be able to find a PDF manual on line.

4. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky

David,

Congratulations!

Register at the Ferrari Owners' Site and you'll be able to download a manual for your Mondial:

http://www.owners.ferrari.com/

Barry

5. mondialmerle

mondialmerle Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Egg Harbor Township,NJ
    Full Name:
    Merle Graham
    I hope that you are as excited as I was when my coupe arrived.It really is a great value and is a blast to drive.Please post pictures so we can see the new arrival. Have you had a chance to drive it yet? If you haven't recieved a manuel yet e-mail me and I will fax you what ever you need.mg

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    CUT THE ****, DUDE!

my damn garage overhead lights have been going off and on all ****ing day!

doody.

7. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    So far so good. Read my latest post in technical about the backwards brake pad! It is under "this is a new one". Have put over 100 miles on between rain drops. Had it on my buddy Holmes's lift this afternoon. A couple small things we will fix soon. I do have a big issue with the cold start operation. It has no power, and pops and snorts until it is warm. Almost dangerous to drive since if you pull out onto a road you may not go too far. Once it is warm, it pulls like a tank. in my opinion, pretty fast and starts to pull over 4500 rpm. Lot's of electrical issue's: no driving lights, no sunroof, no heat control(only hot, on or off), one speaker not working, one headlight dim, one rear brake lite out, etc, etc. Thanks for the manual link Steven. Still trying to figure out a way to get our computer to read the downloaded file, we use a Mac. Doody, your overheat sensors are going off/on. Or am I missing the joke?! Will post pics tomorrow, thanks for everyones help.
    David

8. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    David,

It is an EXE file that expands to a standard Adobe PDF. Burn it to CD using ISO 9660 as this is cross platform compatible :) THEN take it to Kinkos/Copy Cop/etc and have 'em print it (about $25). Pay extra for the thicket paper and i suggest the spiral binding.

9. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Hi, and welcome to the wonderful world of Ferrari, I have an 84 Mondial and I thinks it's a wonderfil car.
    The power issue you have when cold is the same as mine, but once warm, couple of miles or so it pulls beautifully.
    I had some of the issues you mentioned, but an hour or two cleaning contacts and changing fuses etc soon sorted most of the problems out.
    Have FUN.