Ferrari Chatters on the water | FerrariChat

Ferrari Chatters on the water

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Throttleman, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Three of us Ferrari Chatters got together this past weekend to experience the awesome spectacle of offshore power boating. A few lucky owners were generous enough to take a few of us out in their Cigarette boats (the Ferrari of powerboats). These are 37 foot plus long 1000 plus horsepower machines are capable of 85+ MPH on open seas. Each hull is custome made down to the smallest detail including the color of stitching on the seats! No two boats are made alike and orders can take up to four months to complete depending on options for drivetrain and graphics/pain schemes. We left Newport beach for a trip to Long beach screaming along the California coast at speeds reaching 90 MPH in three foot swells. It was an amazing experience to say the least. The trip took about one hour in each direction and we stopped for lunch at an excellent restaurant. It made for an amazing day on the water, certainly one that we will never forget!

For privacy reasons names have been excluded but I would like to again thank the generous owner who most graciously acted as host. Concerned parties can make themselves known at their discression.

Here are some amazing photos of these amazing machines!

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.hp.HPGuestLogin?username=throttleman&password=54525400

Using the following method you can see all twenty photos:
    www.hpphoto.com
    Account name: Throttleman
    Password: mustang
    Under "View Album" Pull down "Ferrari Chatters....."

Enjoy! - Jay.

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    Cigar Boat racing is very fun to watch! i think it is an awesome racing type.....I woulda loved to ride in one! glad you had a good time

3. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Hey I'm an F-Chatter too :D

Jay all I can say is avatar. PM when you get it :D :D :D

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Where is the love for Slag? :)

Nice pics!!

5. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Sorry Jennifer, that post was made before I knew you were stealing all the attention.

Jerry- you are bound to have all the love you can handle with that new sweet TR!

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My god I love those boats. One day I will have one.