To Paint or Not to Paint? | FerrariChat

To Paint or Not to Paint?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mvespo348, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My 348 has the matt black rocker panels and they need to be redone. I have brought my roof to the body shop to have it repainted black and I was alittle nervous it would not come out right. I must say they painted it exactly what I had in mind not to dull but not to much of a shine.

My big question is the car goes in on this Tuesday to have the rockers done. Should I have them done the matt black or red? If they do the red, can it be blended or do the bumpers and side panels need to be totally repainted? The matt black just seems easier to go with. Let's hear some opinions.

Michael

2. F-passione

F-passione Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Keep it original imo

3. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

follow your heart Michael... though I do appreciate seeing OE look cars myself

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Red looks far sweeter.

Makes your car look late 90's not late 80's.

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Later 348s came painted factory color right from Modena, so originality might be a trivial issue. Best thing is to compare pics and just do what makes you feel right!

6. felix66

felix66 Karting

Feb 21, 2004
    London
    You can always have them repainted matt black later!

7. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Red allaround looks stunning on a 348.

8. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for some opinions. I think I will go with the stock matt black. I like the stock look, something about it looks good. As someone mentioned in a post you can always change it. Thanks Michael