Driving Boots | FerrariChat

Driving Boots

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stevetr, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I've seen a similar thread on the main forum but wondered what driving boots/shoes others wear here in the UK and where is a good source for them(online)? If I wear anything much more than mocassins on my size 11's it's easy to hit the accelerator while braking. I'm looking for something black and understated that works ok with jeans so I don't look a total prat in the pub!

Steve

2. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Funny comming home to read this post. I was thinking of the exact same thing. i was at a sports shoe store today and was this close to buying some black puma driving shoes. I'll prbobly buy them but wanted to check deamontweaks as well. As for sticking our like a sore thumb in the pub, I doubt it considering the current fashin tren of wearing rock climbing shoes with the sole coming all the way up the sides of the shoe :)

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    If you track day your car get youself some sparco racing boots,ive got a pair that i used to do karting in,also wore them on a ferrari driving day,
    they are the most comfortable driving boots out there,got mine from demon tweaks,

cheers
    Dale.

4. GOS 348

GOS 348 Karting

Jan 17, 2004
    Edenbridge, Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris Gosling
    Steve

I use Puma Sparcos, black leather with a sole that wraps up the heel good for driving, tight fit around bigger feet and half way between racing boots and trainers.

Sorry did not make the meet today, too tired could not get up!!!

5. smiffy

smiffy Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    cardiff
    Puma speed cats!

6. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Yep Puma Speed Cats here as well.

They stock the whole range in JD Sports and they are all about £60.

7. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark

The RED pair look the most understated.

:)

Mark

8. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys,
    I have size 14 shoes. My first 348 GTS I had gotten written off beacuse of my big shoes. My dream come true for my first Ferrari and the my worst nightmare.
    I only had the car for hour and went into the back of a ford focus on the M11 doing 30 mph. The traffic suddenly stopped and I went for the brake caught the gas pedal and speeded up and bang. The front of the 348 was crushed. The rear was fine. The engine was sweet. The repair came out at £27,000 pounds for the front end by Maranello UK. The car was sold for auction at universal salvage and fetch £18,500 plus commission. Then the repair on top for £27,000. Not worth it.

I know the car has been repaired by a none ferrari agent. The registration was L227 FEL.

In between all this the insurance company did not want to pay out because the accident happened so soon after being insured. Paid in the end after I threatened them with court action and publicy.

Good all Privilege Insurance.

9. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    Guys....if you are going to get Pumas then go to Freeport designer village....went for a drive out there yesterday and they are £39 rather than the £60 in london fyi....

Bash
    www.theratpac.com

10. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Kenyon

Sorry to hear about the accident but you know what they say about men with big shoes:

Big feet ;0)