Bell exhausts | FerrariChat

Bell exhausts

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hedge, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    Have any of you guys heard a 328 with a Bell sports exhaust on?

I am considering having one fitted by KHPC who claim it sounds better than a TUBI.

I heard one idling when I was there yesterday and it did look and sound fab.

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Hedge I had the 'noisy' Bell on my 328 sounded fantastic, very very loud though! they do a slightly quieter version I believe, mine was stamped with 110dB on it!

3. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i had one on a testarossa and it sounded great

4. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    KHPC briefly demonstrated a TR with a Bell exhaust to me. I have considered it for my car but find it hard to justify the cost of an upgrade to this or the tubi from my present Borla system.

I have to say the Bell probably sounded best of all but would love to hear it on a decent run.

The main thing that worries me with Bell is that it's an unknown name (at least to me). Is it the same company that do the helmets?

Steve

5. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    From what I gathered, KHPC have them manufactured for them, and they are an exact replica looks-wise of the original Ferrari sports exhaust, just better quality (the original apparently used to rot..this one won't).

I thought it seemed pretty reasonable too - £899 including VAT and fitting, and can be done while you wait..drive in, DRIVE out.

6. hedge

hedge Formula 3

Jun 11, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Marc
    cool! Bit different from stock then!

7. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    I had one on my old 348 GTS. The car sounded like a F1 car , very nice...

8. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I had a KHPC exhaust on a 328. I dunno if it was a Bell, but it sounded absolutely great!

Tiring on a long run though...

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i had a bell on a 1985 testarossa they have made exhausts for 18 years or longer i am trying to decide what to buy a bell tubi or borla or another make as i see you have listened to a bell and tubi what would you go for

10. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    I recently listened to a Tubi but have only heard a Bell very briefly. I'm hoping to organise to meet someone locally who has a Bell fitted so I'll let you have my thoughts on them both.

If you're upgrading from a stock exhaust then even the Borla would be a big improvement. I will have a used Borla for sale should I decide to go for a Tubi or Bell. Let me know if you're interested?

Steve

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    could be interestad depends on when and how much as i need noise soon and also will it fit

12. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    pm on it's way Steve