FERRARI kit cars ? | FerrariChat

FERRARI kit cars ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by RAP, Apr 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RAP

RAP Rookie

Apr 3, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I have a question regarding them ; Are there any companies that make them i have found ones for lambros ,and a bunch of others but have yet to find any that make ferrari.If anyone knows just email me here! or does the factory not allow anyone to make them?

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    OMG! I have seen sh** ones. I just had links sent to me or stumbled across them. Do a search on the web. I don't think you will find quality without spending huge coin.

4. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    There are companies that make Ferrari inspired kits. However, Ferrari aggressively goes after these companies and has been successfull in removing many of them from business.

5. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    The 250 GTO kits based on Datsun 2x0z cars are very nice looking. Do a search; there are a zillion threads on the GTO kits on here.

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  7. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
  8. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
  9. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    No kidding!
    Holy Cow that's funny.....hahahahaha......

10. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
  11. Mario Gonzalez

Mario Gonzalez Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Out of my mind
    the scary part is that it has 16 bids already.

12. I can just here him now "Yep that there is a Ferrara Enzyme". And "anywhere I go, people just stared at da thing". A real conversation starter that's for sure!

13. sailor2

sailor2 Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    no. the scary part is the reserve has been met.

14. M512

M512 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    M512
    Oh my lord! The bids are up to $7,000. That is so sad. Who would do that to themselves?!

15. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    That car is posted on all the boards.
    (getting laughs everywhere)
    The engine cover is the best though...............
    Saw a 308 with an auto at the Gas Lamp in S.D Sat. night.
    Quickly walked away, but think it was probably a fiero.
    Who would drive one of these ... Things?
    I would feel better driving a Gremlin, Pacer, ANYTHING!

16. MCM

MCM Rookie

Aug 1, 2005
    #17 MCM, Oct 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    So if you woke up in the morning with the worst hangover in your life and found that in your garage, what part of your anatomy would you cut off?

18. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
    What the hell is that supposed to be?!?!?! Sure it was a nice try? maybe? ok that doesnt resemble an Enzo at all!!!!! What a hit below the belt :(

19. enzof355f430

enzof355f430 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Full Name:
    Matt
  20. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  21. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I read that Ferrari has gone after companies that reproduced their cars in the past and i don't blame them.....most of the kit cars produced are an embarassment...the coyota is a prime example......if you can't buy the real thing don't buy anything

22. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    unfu**ing believeable!

23. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    After looking at this car I think I've found my next avatar!

And I don't think Ferrari will bother going after this one, would you?

This car is the poster boy for "Do not try this at home, people!"

Thanks for posting this, it really is the most hideous thing I have ever seen, I mean, how often do you really laugh at a car this hard. This thread should be marked "Not Safe For Work".....hahaha....unreal.

24. ferrarigtofan

ferrarigtofan Formula Junior
    BANNED

Sep 26, 2005
    USA
    If you want to make a replica, you should begin with a donor car that has the same basic measurements. Of all of the TR copies, none of them are wide enough. I have seen a few where they made up for axle width buy using extra wide tires, most however look wrong.

Why do people use a Fiero as a base platform? Fiero's had some of the worst repair histories of any automobile. I knew a guy that purchased a new Fiero in 1986, GM replaced the engine three times in that car. If you want exotic maintence headaches, cheap to entry price, buy a Lotus Esprit with 80,000 miles on it.

If someone made a fantastic replica of a 275 or a 250 GTO and it cost $70,000 or less I'd seriously consider it. I love those old Ferraris, but I know I will never afford one. The Shelby Cobra has twenty companies making replicas at different price points, they start to fool you around $70,000, for $35,000 the only one being fooled is the buyer.

Finally, if you want an exotic and can not afford one, instead of copying a known example, make something original. I would venture to say less than one percent of the world's population knows what a Maserati Birdcage, Pagani or McLaren are, yet they still look exotic to the common person. Ferraris and Lambos have been in too many TV shows or movies to fake unless it is a very good replica. So if you want to impress the ladies with a fake exotic, and you can only afford heating vents from Home Depot, don't call it a Lamerossa (pun intended), call it a Shinweiser GT487, something so exotic it costs $4,000,000. What do you tell your new bimbo when you get back to your garden apartment, semi-furnished in IKEA's best?