Fire Extinguisher | FerrariChat

Fire Extinguisher

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stevep, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    Anyone know of a good fire extinguisher that i can fit into my car without drilling anything ie has a mounting cage that i can cable tie under my passenger seat. Track days looming and no fire extinguisher. Thanks in advance

steve

2. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    apparently there is a bracket available that bolts to the seat rail.....it is a one piece flat bar aprox 25 x 6 mm and forged into a "U" shape on plan....i have seen it on another thread somewhere..... will look again......PLACE "FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT" INTO THE SEARCH FACILITY ABOVE
    regards, david

3. Alanmondial

Alanmondial Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Alan Butler
  4. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I acutally had the same delima on how to mount mine when I bought it... I did get a few mounting kits - one that mounts to the seat and one to the frame/floor. I decided to try a different route that someone I knew did - without any modifications.

I purchased Industrial Velcro. Place 3 strips about 6" long on the Mounting Plate - and did it that way. I have had it that way for a few months - and no issues.. and it takes a mighty heave to get it out - so no fear of coming loose...

Might want to give that a try if you do not want to physically drill or mount on the seat rails...