Speeding very costly these days. | FerrariChat

Speeding very costly these days.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by madturk, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I recently was clocked doing 121mph. I 575 around Atlanta, real good strect where like to go fast. We would go up to 170 - 175 a few time up to 180 on that strech. Anyways I got caught doing 121. The judge checkes your record for the past 10 years. Which in my case that was the worst thing that could happen. I got 2 days in jail ( there is a thing called 1 for 2 in GA. so I went in around 6:00 PM and was out at 7:00 AM ). $1205.00 fine, 12 months probation ( $44.00 a month ) , 80 hours community work, 6 months suspended licence ( get this that is if I sell my 355 and buy an electric car. If not 12 months suspension.) And no passengers for 12 additional moths. It is getting worst for sure. I hate GA.

2. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    damn... that is rough! move away from that place!!

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

Sell the 355 to a company you own, buy the electric, save the suspension. Get another driver's license in a different name.

Maybe you'd be better off going to track days, than driving 180mph on public roads? Just maybe?

Art

4. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Did you have a radar detector?

5. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I wish I could leave this state but I can't my business is here. Getting a fake license is out of the question cause I have done that many times before I still have probation for that. If get caught with fake license I'll have do 12 months. I will put the 355 in my sister, cousin, or my girlfriends name. No problem. But god dammit I am not buying a electric car. Ohh, also I forgot that I have do the stupid defensive driving course. Which I have done it at least 10 times.

6. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Nope no radar detector/jammer anything. I am about the get something though. Cause I am gonna keep driving. I mean I drove without a license for the past 5 years. I just got my license back the past 2 months.

7. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Do you think you have made wise decisions? I mean, I have paid the legal system my fair share for my speed addiction, but DAMN...

8. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I think I've spend $1200 on worst stuff. The community work, I can get around that. But the suspension sucks.

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i am in savannah MADTURK i feell for ya buddy.

10. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    I am not ging to preach to you because I have been there done that. I spent a night in jail in CT back in 92 for doing in excess of 125 mph (was really doing 150+). I've hit close to 190 on a public road, balled up a perfectly new 300ZX TT on a country road, and been on probation many times up until the mid 90's. All stupid stuff that looking back wasn't too smart.

As I got older I got wiser. Most of my stupid top speed runs were usually on roads with no traffic but in my younger years I would race my 911 against my best friends 911 Turbo through the countryside. We would pass on double lines, cross blind hills at well over 80 mph.

Years later I crossed a hill in my car and nearly hit a haywagon. I was going less than 30 mph over that same hill where in my 911 I was going 80 mph +. It's amazing I am still alive today.

Go to the track and see if that helps. I never drive fast on public roads anymore. In fact I don't even buy fast street cars anymore. What's the point. Why do you need a 550 hp V10 BMW? I drive a station wagon and one 3/4 ton crew cab pickup truck.

I haven't had a speeding ticket in 5 years!

Not preaching here! Go to the track and see if that changes your desire or perspective.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    MadTurk, the fact that you admit to going 170mph+ on public roads makes me wish that you received even more punishment. You are truly a FOOL ! My wife and kids use those public roads and I don't want a moron like you on the street with them. If you want to drive that fast, enroll in a track event. I bet you're to much of a coward to let other people who know how to drive fast see your likely poor skills. Anyone can drive fast on a divided highway like 575, see if you can do it with some real curves thrown in like at Road Atlanta. The public roads are no place for that kind of speed...you idiot.

12. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Wow, that's crappy. Ga. is terrible when it comes to getting caught speeding. Get a Valentine 1! You were on I-575? or on 285 (going around Atlanta)? What did he clock you with?

13. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    ..and you expect us to feel sorry for you, d0uchebag?

14. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    It is the south what do you expect? Then again Jersey sucks too. Aren't there any racetracks near you to stretch it's legs? I feel for you but everything you do there is a risk. I guess the law of averages caught up with you this time.

15. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Giving your record I would have booked you for an extended stay and I would have made sure that you would have done that right from my courtroom, no going home and coming back.

It is clear that you do not learn from past punishment, which means you will eventually kill someone and that is inexcusable.

I hope that this was just a joke and you say April fool in the middle of November, otherwise I can only add to Frank's comments:

your a f*cking idiot!

The Judge should not have given you the option of the electric car but given you only that option. The 355 I would have impounded and sent to DES or Jordan cos they can apprechiate a car without acting like an idiot.

Let me be clear here. We all have taken our cars up to speed and exceeded the speedlimit. In your account you have done that over and over and got caught over and over. Driving with a suspended license should land you in jail, end of story. You did it for 5 years? Probation for driving with a fake ID?

16. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    ...besides the obvious that you are giving Ferrari drivers a shi*tty name as being speeders and inconsiderate arseclowns and all the other stereotypes.

Thanks you have made it MUCH easier for the rest of us!

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    There is a perfectly good race track in/near Atlanta (probably several). I bet, if you looked, and were willing, that you could use that track(s) at least once a month and probalby once a week. Sure it cost something, but that $1.2K speeding bill, and $1000 Probation bill and whatever happens to your insurance bill is more than you would end up paying for a complete year at the track! And its safe and fun!

I know around here in Texas, if you are willing to drive with P-Cars, B-car, Vetts, VIpers, and the like, I can be on a track every single weekend of the year. I avail myself to this about once a onth (17 track days so far this year). After a day of throwing you car into 120 MPH turns, foot to the floor, braking as hard as you dare, and learning to be fast, smooth, and stayin ahead of the car. You leave the track completely drained, and don't even need to spped on the way home or for the next few weeks. You will become a better driver, a safer driver, and less danger to yourself and you compartiots on the road.

15 years ago, there was an excuse: "There are not tracks to run on". This is no longer the case. If you want to run the car at its limits--get the to a track.

BTW, I no longer speed on hyways. Down here in Texas, they just instituted a system where you pay for each ticket 3 times (and this was after they raised the rates on tickets).

18. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You tell 'em Frank. This guy is crazy. My regard for my personal freedom leads me to reject any and all street racing shenanigans.

Take it to the track, man. B4 someone is seriously hurt.

I don't think this guys for real. Where is Yoshi when you need him?

They are cracking down nationwide with a zero tolerance program.
    Push your luck, book the grey bar motel.

Trust me, the view was much better this AM from the 36th Floor of the Hyatt downtown.

They won't let you have those toys in jail. Think about it.

19. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    **** hire me as your sersonal driver and keep the car.

ever see the movie the transporter :)

and guys i hate that...dont speed my wife and kids use the raods bs....

I'VE BEEN OVER 160 ON PUBLIC ROADS MORE TIMES THEN I CAN COUNT AND OVER 180 BEFORE. I haven't seen your wife or kids on an empty highway at 2 am unless of course they are passengers in one of my buddies cars. There is a time and a place for everything. Dont tell me miles of open highway at 2 am i should be doing 80 mph.

20. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Electric cars can be more than just glorified golf carts. Check out this article in Forbes.

It doesn't have Ferrari styling but 1-60 in 3.6 seconds would be a step above your 355.

21. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    the street is NOT a controlled enviroment. At 130, all you need is a tumbleweed, a trashcan, or a dog to run out, and you have killed innocent people. 2 am, or 5pm.
    Get your kicks somewhere where you are likely not to hurt others, on a track. I love my civil liberties, but for that kind of idiocy, a reposession is in order, particularly the second time around. Same as getting DWI more than once, same punishment should apply.

22. yasir

yasir Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Lets see
    1)- Driving at unsafe speeds on public roads
    2)- Driving without license
    3)- Driving with fake license
    So what do you want us to say!O btw are you trolling this site or what ! The reason i asked is that you got to be an idiot to be acting/doing all those things.
    Later, Yasir

23. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I will have to agree with the Majority here on this issue.

THE PUBLIC ROADS ARE NOT A RACE TRACK!!!!!!!! The person that you may kill may not only be innocent but the also may be one of the F-Chat fratenity.

Do us a favor and get yourself a bus pass.

Rob Guess "The Other Rob"

24. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    parkerfe,karmavore,Cavallino Motors, I don't have much to say to you all. You call me a f...cking idiot, ******bag, a coward, fool, and unskilled driver. Go ahead if that makes you all feel better. I will not even answer those things back. Cause most guys here do that type of things all the time. I am sorry but going 121mph. 2:00 AM on 575 is hardly that bad. I've done that many times in my earlier days during the day around other people. I am not defending what I have done in the past. But give me a break I don't care what you say 2:00 - 3:00 Am on 575 I will do. I will try to go to the next road Atlanta meet and maybe I'll keep up with even though I am a coward and unskilled. I am sure that you all will go around me many times. We'll see, I'll do my best.
    Best regards, ohh and thanks for the kind words. I could not have expected better.

25. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    You all watch those videos with such joy. Ahhhh, such great drivers because they are being filmed. I get it next time it will on video.