Original Daytona sales stuff WTB | FerrariChat

Original Daytona sales stuff WTB

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Tspringer, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I would love to get my hands on some original Ferrari 365 GTB/4 sales brochures and/or other original material.

Anyone ever run across any of this stuff? Any samples to be posted? Any idea where to find it?

Thanks!

Terry

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I once bought an original 365GTB owner's manual on ebay. Not cheap though.

4. ferraribooks

ferraribooks Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2002
  5. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
  6. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Ebay is a very good source for sales brochures & press photos.

The two main factory Daytona brochures (one featuring the plexiglass prototype from '68, the other a pop-up lights model from '72) tend to go for between $150 - $200 each at the moment, while original Daytona press shots are typically $20 - $30 (but make sure they are originals with the Pininfarina stamp on the back, and not later reprints).

Ironically, the smaller factory range brochures from the late 1960s tend to fetch more ($200 - $300), because they are a lot rarer. The 1969 edition features a lovely blue plexiglass Daytona.

I know there is no substitute for having the original items, but if anyone would at least like to see this stuff, I'd be happy to post some detailed images here (better quality than on Ebay) of items from my own collection (NB not for sale, before anyone asks...).

John