Glad I was working from home today! | FerrariChat

Glad I was working from home today!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Apr 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just as I was wrapping up some final e-mail correspondance for the day, the mail arrived. My friendly USPS carrier brought some goodies from the UK, thanks to my soon-to-be-best-friend, Paul Hill.

Time to head out to the garage ! Any tips on installation?

-Daniel
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    I just did it a couple of days ago. Nothing to it. The instructions are pretty wordy about "how to drill a hole". But you'll love them!

3. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I would be happy to install them for you for a small fee. Just send me the car and the pedals and I'll get right on it.

...does the car have Tubi? If not, please make sure it does before trailering it up.

4. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Man, what a crappy day. I got the pedals, but no metric hardware for the accelerator. I only got enough for the brake/clutch. Oh well, just went down to Home Crapo and found some bolts/nuts, but they're not nearly as nice as Paul's. Where's the QC in that operation?? What... did I hear you're shipping me a free dead pedal just to "make it right"??? :) Just kidding Paul... it only cost about 35-cents at HomeDepot, and I'll be installing them tonight.

-Daniel

5. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    What, you didn't get the dead pedal? You need the aluminum shift knob too :)

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What do the standard pedals look like?

Also do you just screw these to the original pedals? ... if so you guys are just ricers LOL :D ...

Pete

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Yeah, you just remove the rubber pieces and bolt these babies right on. I have them on my car and I love them! Paul and the gang are great. :)

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Arh, you know you can probably get pedals like this from your local petrol station ... all the ricers have them :D :D

Only joking ;), I'm sure these ones fit properly, and the extra grip from the alloy pedals would be good.

I'm surprised that Ferraris (new ones anyway) come with cheapo rubber pedals ??

Pete

9. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

The pedals are now installed -- almost. The clutch and brake pedal went on smoothly. Well, as smoothly as possible when I'm physically crammed into that god-forsaken footwell in the 348. I swear, these cars were designed for pre-teen, female drivers. Anyway, those stock pedals are seriously hard metal! I bought some brand-new bits, and still managed to basically ruin two of them. Cluch and brake are just beautiful.

Accelerator? Well, here's a trivia question for you 348 owners: Why the heck does the base of the accelerator have hollow core 3/4" thick, while the top is a single sheet of metal? I guess it's for structural stability, but argggg...now I've got to go back to Home Cheapo and get a longer machine screw for the bottom section.

Nevertheless, they are AWESOME!! The feel of the clutch & brake is just outstanding. My foot sticks like glue to those dogs. So, if you're still driving you F-Car with stock rubber (or bare metal) pedals, I highly recommend getting this set from Hill Engineering. WOW.

-Daniel

p.s. I already have the aluminum shift knob. And yes, I'm kicking myself for not ordering the dead pedal too.

10. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Ricers? Man that's an insult! :) They look just like the 355 pedals, so they're not some cheap aftermarket Pep Boys part.

11. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Raymond, if your tb doesn't already have these, you really might consider them from Hill Engineering. My feet used to slide off the pedals pretty easily. With these, they'll stick like glue.

-Daniel