Labcars Carrera GT pics!!! | FerrariChat

Labcars Carrera GT pics!!!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Teenferrarifan, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #1 Teenferrarifan, Apr 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After hearing on Sat labcars CGT came in and was on the showroom floor I just had to go check it out. Here are the pics I returned with. This car is amazing, and about as low to the ground as you can get they had a turbo cab and a GT3 near by and they looked like SUV's compared to this. I can't wait to see this on the road Mr. B!!!! Hope you don't mind me posting pics?
    Erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    FINALLY!

wow.

wow.

that don't suck none!

doody

3. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Erik,I was lucky enough to be invited on the Porsche stand at the Geneva motor show last year,and as great as this car looks in the pics I am sure you will agree it looks a lot better in the "Flesh" and thanks for the pics.

4. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    If anyone is near Don Rosen stop by and check it out the salespeople couldn't be nicer, and pictures don't do this car justice. Although that last photo with the setting sun is a nice high res background :).
    Erik

5. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Looks like we were thinking the same thing Matkat!
    Erik

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Red nuts on one side, blue on the other? B-E-A-UTIFUL Les!

7. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Centerlocking Hub assembly's require directional "nuts" so one side will be clockwise threaded, the other counter.

8. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Does anyone know if the roof can be stored in the car when removed I forgot to ask a salesguy? Thanks.
    Erik

9. anotherguy

anotherguy F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2004
    Absolutely beautiful automobile! Congrats on finally getting it...I am sure your eager to get home from your trip so you can start driving it!

-ag

10. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Like hot & cold on a faucet?

11. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Very impressive. I cannot wait to see or hear one in person.

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Stunning piece of machinery.

13. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Also, does anyone know why the shifter is mounted so high on the center console(sp)?
    Erik

14. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    It harks back to the 917's shifter position. Your hand naturally falls onto it off the steeringwheel. A plus.

15. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    Did I miss something here? If this car has indeed been sold, why is it sitting on the showroom floor with velvet ropes around it? Did the "owner" already put it up for sale at the dealer or something? I don't even see a "sold" sign on it. If I bought that car I sure as hell wouldn't let it collect dust in the showroom.

16. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I think i remember reading that the owner is allowing the car to be shown for a little while in the show room. I guess hes just helping out the dealer or something. I wouldnt be surprised if the dealer didnt give the owner some type of incentive for allowing the dealer to show the car for a little while.

17. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    He is on a business trip for a week. Saw it unloaded at the dealer the day he left. Dealer still had to prep the car, and now gets to show it off for a few days :)

18. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Oh, and the car looks dang good. Have fun driving her.

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    LOL That is awesome looking, I love the ART of the whole engine and suspension pieces in the back. Flows beautifully.

20. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    My MK-IV is color coded like that. I still wonder why like the P blue is on the right and red on the left. (I would have made red right) Interesting that they're coded the same left/right as my car.

21. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I am not 100% sure, but I seem to remember some talk about it orginating from the "flight" lights found on aircraft, perhaps red and blue remarks back to something more significant, that no one ever talks about.
    I am also not sure if the blue/red lights on the airplanes are on the same sides, since after all I am not a pilot. But, I would be willing to guess that they are. Would be interesting to find out the history of what started it all, I am just used to seeing directional spindles or locking nuts with a designated color assigned to them. As far as I can tell racing teams have been using them since the start of the Center-Lock, or Pin-drive hubs.
    If no one knows, I could probably get in touch with a "historian" who might know the exact reason for this.
    Almost forgot, Teenferrarifan, I remember seeing an introductory clip at one time, and they stated the top can be stored in the front storage compartment, the production model should be the same way. Though I searched, and can't seem to locate that video clip on google.
    CS

22. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    thanks frostCS!!!
    Erik

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Very Nice. I like them in red.

24. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Jim, you need to drink more port/left...it's red. And stars are blue, starboard/right. And this was a WAG, backed by a foggy memory of an article from R&T 30-35 years ago....
    LK

25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I can't imagine the confusion a ship would cause if it pulled into port on the starboard side!