Ferraris are habit-forming: | FerrariChat

Ferraris are habit-forming:

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I took my Honda Civic on a trip to Anniston, Alabama on Saturday and got back about 4:30.

Since then the Honda has not left the garage!

I had to get my 328 jump-started by AAA (the car had barely been run since it went on the truck from CA three weeks before), but since then my mileage has been: Ferrari 120, Honda 0! And the car has run flawlessly.

Admittedly some of the miles I've put on ol' 62319 have been necessary: I got it emissions-inspected (it passed); I went to Ferrari of Atlanta to get some license-plate screws (!) (Harold didn't charge me for them); and I had to stop by a police department to have the VIN verified for titling purposes. By the time I left FoA, it had warmed up enough that I took the top off for the first time.

In between, I just enjoyed getting used to the car. The old narrow-sole shoes turned out to be perfect, and while the gated shifter will never feel as easy to use as the 5-speed in the Civic, I got the hang of it.

Naturally, everyone who's seen the car has liked it, including my coworkers. The most common comment seems to be "Sweeeeet!". Not bad for an 18-year-old car!

Well, back to reality. My red horse will stay in the stable until next weekend, but it appears that I'm hooked!

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I should add that on Saturday I received the shift-gate lock I had ordered from Hill Engineering. Great gadget! I feel much more secure with the lock installed, and it's easy to use.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Habit-forming? I've developed a life-long dependence ;)