Fiorano Viewing | FerrariChat

Fiorano Viewing

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F129b, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Can anyone who has been there offer advice on how to find the best (neighborhood?)areas to view the F1 cars practicing at Fiorano?
    Also, is there any site that would show when Ferrari is scheduled to be on-track testing?

I'm going to mecca in May, and just a LITTLE excited!

2. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    #2 JMJ575M, Apr 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

West from Via Abetone Inferiore on Via Dino Ferrari to Via Gazzoti, Right to Via Marsala, Left. Via Marsala is a short dead end. On your way back look right at the corner of Via Dino Ferrari and Gazzoti to see the Monument to Gilles Villenueve(it's easy to miss).

Pics are: View from the "Secret Location", Me in the Sim in Galleria Ferrari, Montana Restaurante(just North of The factory, where MS and some mechanics eat lunch), In front of Galleria Ferrari,Me at the gates,Me and a Barchetta, Me and an F2, Monument to Enzo in the town square, Another pretty good place to view the cars as they're tested (a little north of the gates).

I'd just gotten off the bus from Modena on Thursday, the 26th of March, when it became apparent that they were testing the Formula One cars and soon there was a traffic jam on the road into town from Modena
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    I also have other pics: Some of the F1 cars and historic cars displayed, and I shot each of the many F1 engines displayed. Let me Knoe if you'd like them posted.

www.comune.maranello.mo.it

www.provincia.modena.it

If you're in that area for a while: Ducati Museum, Via Cavalieri Ducati, 3 Borgo Panigale(Bo;ogna - 40132 Italy. Only by appointment. Entrance Free. (39) 051-6413111.

Stanguellini "factory" 756 Via Emilia ESt, Modena, IT

And The Maserati Factory in Modena and(dare I say it) the Lambo Factory in Bologna.

4. F129b

F129b Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    oc, calif.
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Awesome J. Michael! Thanks for sharing.
    Now do I understand correctly that Via Marsala is the best place to view from?

5. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    #5 JMJ575M, Apr 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's a fair hike from the Factory gates, but I stood on the bottom part of the concrete fence that abuts the track fence to take the shot I posted, and I did not have a telephoto lens on my camera. The zoom was actually on Wide. At Via Marsala you're looking at basically a 180 degree turn, so the cars are (relatively) slow. The two other viewing spots, if memory serves, were straights and had trees and shrubs to block your view.