ATTN: Allan | FerrariChat

ATTN: Allan

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by MadMaxx, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Allan,

Since you're the resident lambo expert...

Is there a way to gain more leg room in an early diablo? IE: Push the seat back a bit farther or swap them out for something thinner for more room?

Also, what is involved in swaping a gen1 diablo dash out for a later style dash?

Thanks
    MM

2. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    I read on the Lambo board that there is a way to cut out part of the wall behind the seat, move it back like 5" and then move the seat track back, but the site is blocked on Fchat so I cant really link to that thread. Maybe Allan can Link you there somehow, or tell you more about it.

As for the dash, the later dash should fit fairly painlessley in an older Diablo, Id go with the 6.0 dash as it is very nice and IMO better than the Murcielago dash.
    I guess the mounting points would be the same for all years, but Im not to sure about how the guages would fit, the stereo either. Im sure Allan would have some Info on this too.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The 6.0 dash is completely different and would require a major cash outlay. I would go to a custom shop and have them fabricate a smaller pod using the existing gauges. Koenig also offers a kit.

There is a shelf behind the seat for storage which can be removed, allowing you to move the seat back farther several inches.

4. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003

What about the Dash from the VT cars? Direct swap on the same mounting/hvac points?

MM

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I believe it is about the same, but all the wiring needs to be changed.

6. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003

Ok. Any idea of the cost of conversion? Not a huge deal, it's all cosmetic in my mind :)

MM

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Its actually pretty expensive from what i hear, you need a dash pod, all new gauges, wiring and labor.

8. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Hmmm... ok.

First order of business would be fitting in the car LOL.

Any other mods that an early car should get right off the bat?

MM

9. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Any new factory dash will cost a bundle. Especially if it has DOT approved airbags. Do not assume a 6.0 dash will bolt in. The thing must have alot of sensors that will now have nowhere to be plugged into.

A custom crushed purple velvet dash would be smokin. LOL It is a Lambo. remember. Just kidding.

You can re-install the seat to find the extra added inches.

10. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003

:)

MM

11. TTBADBOY

TTBADBOY Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    I took a look under the dash of my 6.0 and there really isnt a whole lot going on under there.In fact I can change the bulbs on the dash lights by just reaching up underneath it.It seems there is very little wiring.

Joe

12. MadMaxx

MadMaxx Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thanks for all the info guys. I want to find a blue early 2wd car...but from what I've seen there kinda rare.

If anyone wants some carbon work done for their lambo, send me a PM :)
    I'll be doing work on mine if I ever find what I'm looking for.

MM