360 euro vs us | FerrariChat

360 euro vs us

Discussion in '360/430' started by RDS, Nov 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    I'm new to Ferraris and I would like to know the differences between a 360 euro and a us version.

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    best to search the old site as this has been discussed many many times

in summary

Euro - no warranty
    some shops won;t service
    lower cost but lower resale
    may have problems with conversion shop
    savings not as much as you might think

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Not much... mainly the speedo needs to be flipped to miles and an emissions related device is needed that only runs the first 90s, while the engine is cold, to catch those startup emissions. The also reinforce the bumper... even though that's not really needed, since they have the same bumper hardware.

Other differences are in the side marker lights and the area left for license plates on the bumpers. Finally, there are some options on Euros that are not approved for the US (like rollbar and 4-pt harness).

What did I forget?

4. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Thank for the info. I searched the archived threads and,although I'm still a little confuse, I think I'll go with the US version.

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    RDS....that was a quick decision. I have owned 2 Euro cars. Don't let anyone fool you. They are both the same with the exception of the expiration of the warranty for the newer cars. Once the warranty is over, the cars are the same. IMHO.
    I would do it again if the pricing was right even taking into consideration the conversion cost for DOT and EPA.

6. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    paulie_b, I plan on keeping the car for at least 5 years, and don't want to run into service or parts availability problems 4 or 5 years from now. Thanks for opinion, I'll keep an open mind and do more research before I buy.

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Euro, US I don't care they are both great cars.

8. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Parts availability problems? They have the exact same parts except for the VIN. What problem are you envisioning? The parts come from Europe anyway... so, if you're worried about getting a Euro side marker light, don't... Ferrari UK will happily supply you (among others).

Service problems? I've never seen a service guy check the VIN to figure out what to do. And an odd side marker won't throw them too bad. Besides, most see a few Euros among the US models.

It will resell for a little less... but then if you bought it for a little less, that works okay.

9. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Brian C Stradale, That's why I'm confused, one of threads claimed there are almost 300 parts on the euro that have different part numbers than the US version. I don't know if this is true, or if the parts are interchangable. One of my big concerns is the emission control system, we have to be tested every two years, and another thread indicated this was jerry-rigged. Do you know anything about the parts or emission control? From what I've see and read the euro versions other cars are better than the US version (more power and fewer unneeded safety and emission controls) I don't know if this true of Ferrari. Thanks--Ron

10. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I doubt that... but even if its true, its stuff like US-spec warning stickers for the visors. I have the 360 Parts manual... all the important stuff has just one part number.

Note that they deliver most of the same emissions control stuff to Europe as they do North America. If you get a car headed to Libya or somewhere, it may be sans more emissions control stuff.

For my German 360, the only thing that had to be added emissions-wise was a pump that runs only for the first 90s. The emissions tests that I am aware of don't really test that (they'd have to wait for a few hours for the engine to get cold again)... so, no need to worry about the every-two-year test. Heck, many chatters remove the important emissions stuff (cats for Tubi test pipes), and still get by just fine.

Not really true of the 360... its practically a world car. No differences for the most part. The only advantage in the case of the 360 is lower price and less depreciation.

Brian

11. RDS

RDS Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Elmwood Park, Il
    Brian, Thanks for the info, it makes my 360 search a little easier.