F355 Challenge On PS2 | FerrariChat

F355 Challenge On PS2

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Badapple, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Thinking of getting this with the ferrari steering wheel for the playstation 2.
    I have a room with a projector & thought it could be fun to play on big screen.
    Is the game any good or the wheel worth getting.
    They are both real cheap on ebay now anyway.

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    The game is not that bad but the handling is a bit suspect, as are the graphics. by the way where in S.Wales are you, im from Neath.

3. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I have this game, but not impressed at all. Graphics are nothing to be impressed, and the sound is pretty thin even on stereo as nothing like the real thing.

Arcade model is better because you feel the whole cockpit.

I would pay $20 for the game, but not $45 (retail price when I got it). Of course, comibined w/ F steering wheel, this could be a good part of your F collection.

I want to try Gotham City w/ Enzo, but haven't yet.

4. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    you should just get the new logitech if you are going w/a steering wheel. even though the one you want says ferrari on it, well.. the new logitech is much much better. 900 degree turn instead of... well, not even one full turn. better feel, feedback, etc.

as for the game - lacking but it goes for 15-20 bucks at most places.

5. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Enzo on g.city is amazing so is the 512 well worth the money, give it a go you wont be sorry.

6. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I play it on a projector and screen, personaly the X box game Project Gotham rocks, loads of ferraris with great graphics. Hey i am tearing up Wales in two weeks in the 355 spider or 360 spider, going around Lake Bala, love it ther great roads,Although Scotlands roads are King.

7. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Try the Brecon beacons you wont be dissapointed honest, no cameras for miles.

8. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I like the arcade version of the game, sitting at home doesn't have the same feel as in the seat. Even with a steering wheel and pedal setup. Problem is there aren't many places with it.

If Gran Turismo 4 comes out with Ferraris in it (which it most likely won't *sigh*) then it will be the ultimate game. They already have a specially designed steering wheel that has a 2.5:1 ratio, like a real sports car. The physics are supposed to be second to none too. Rumor has it that driving/racing school could possibly use it as a simulator.

9. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Ah sod it, it's only £10 on ebay so i'll get it.
    Wish I still had a Xbox for this Gotham Racing, sounds brilliant.
    Stephen, I'm in Cardiff so just up the road. There's a few people on Fcaht from round here. Your obviously a boxer fan, fair do's :D

Charlie, you can't beat the projectors for games can you. Was playing 150" fifa last night :D
    P.S
    Enjoy the Welsh roads, I always do... :D

Phil

10. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Oh yea the Brecon Beacons, i know the roads are first class....but i get a nervous twitch saying it, becourse while in the military we did a lot of training there, in the cold while snowing and windy and wet and with corporal Mcason screaming down me ear........oh **** HELP ME!! MUMMY!!!

11. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Buy the big SEGA arcade cabinet version to get full effect. You can pick them up here in the US for ~$5-6K

12. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    The game certainly isn't perfect, but I really like to play it...

Sound and graphics could've been better...( It certainly isn't comparable with Gran Turismo f.e.) and there are not a lot of circuits avaiable, but I still like the game.
    Probably the only game whe're your able to testdrive a F355 on the Fiorano track :) ! A few other circuits are Laguna Seca, Suzuka, Nürburgring (short), Monza, Long Beach, Sepang Malysia,...
    The extras include a photogallery and some nice but short movies about the birth of the F355, the real F355/F360 Challenge and the F355 World Tour event from 1999, very nice! But... you have to unlock them first.

I agree with ferrari-kid, Gran Turismo 4 with Ferrari's in it would be the ultimate game... But like he said, that's not gonna happen...

Greets, Alexander