Anyone know this 328? | FerrariChat

Anyone know this 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by steveinct, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steveinct

steveinct Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    Connecticut, USA
    Hello from a real rookie. Porsche guy for some time now, making my first Ferrari purchase.

I have a deposit on the 1987 328 GTS at www.f40.com pending a PPI by Bill Pollard at Sport auto.

Anyone know the car by any chance?

Thanks in advance!
    Steve

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Welcome!

Not off hand. Due for the 30K service, if not yet performed!

3. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    If the PPI checks out, you will have a great car. The 328 is one of the best!

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

At first glance, 49K seems high for a non-ABS 328. The current issue of Ferrari Market Letter has the proper asking price at 45.5K, and I expect FML prices to be around 15% above actual selling price.

Mileage is not exceptionally low (which would have commanded a premium), and from the description it's unclear if the 30K service is recently completed.

Just my 2c.

-Daniel

5. steveinct

steveinct Rookie

Mar 26, 2004
    Connecticut, USA
    The 30k service was performed two years ago or so. I thought the mileage was pretty low (27k) for a 17 year old car! In addittion, cosmetically...the car is really in perfect condition.

We agreed on 47k. I thought that given the mileage, the asking price on comps that I saw through all the online ads, the fact that the car was only 45 minutes from me, the fact that it was a 2 owner CA and FL car, the fact that ALL the service records/window sticker/manuals/tools etc where there, and the overall condition of the car (assuming the PPI checks out!) that this was an "ok" deal. No bargain, but a fair price.

We'll see! I may regret it in a couple of years...plan on moving to a 355.

thanks for all the comments.

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds like a fair price - Esp. since you don't have to pay for shipping! Enjoy it!!!! :)

7. atheyg

atheyg Guest

47 is about right for a nice 328, if it had lower miles it would be in the 50s.

328s are awesome cars, your gonna love it!

8. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'd agree that it was an ok deal. There's something to be said for buying one close to home. I think you have a good grasp of what you're about to buy. Enjoy it, and drive the heck out of it.