Need some Legal/ Copyright help | FerrariChat

Need some Legal/ Copyright help

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by carmaster, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This is more in a joking sense, and won't go any further then the classroom. But another group in my electronic design class is building the same project and it is identicle to ours. Since we dislike everyone in the other group we want to file a phony lawsuit against them. I'm looking for information so I can write up some papers (not sure what the correct term is) and also looking for a website where I can learn some legal terminology.

2. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    ABA.ORG

or what ever the American Bar Association is

Look for Intellectual Property

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Draw up papers about your project, outlining the dates you came up with the idea, documentation of the idea - everything. Stick it in an envelope and mail it yourself. The date on the envelope (provided by the post office upon stamping) is federal and can be used (and held up in court) as legit; use that as your copyright date.

Next step, fabricate some kind of subpoena of some sort and find a process server (sorry, Darth550 is out of the business) and serve them...

Maybe Bill Hart, Kenn Ross & Frankie "The 12 Cylinder" Parker can chime in with some help on the legal mumbo jumbo...

Let us know how it goes, it sounds interesting...

4. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Do I leave the envelope closed when I recieve it, or open it up when I recieve it, and just say all the papers in it use that date stamp. And the process server is the person who serves the subpoena?

5. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    A process server will not serve papers on anyone without a citation from the court clerk. You get a citation from the court clerk by filing an actual lawsuit. YOU DONT WANT TO FILE AN ACTUAL LAWSUIT EVEN AS A JOKE!!!!

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LEAVE THE ENVELOPE CLOSED...! As soon as you open it, it means nothing...

7. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

send some of bruce's bada bing boys over to their table and kick 'em in the shins and tell 'em there's more where that came from if'n they don't get the hint.