Pilot License Update | FerrariChat

Pilot License Update

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by CRUSING, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CRUSING

CRUSING Karting

Oct 31, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    For those who are interested: First solo today! I had 14.6 hours and am "crusing" along to get the private in under 40 hours hopefully! I love it more the more I fly. There have been a few planes get pretty close during the training, they are tough to see. Hopefully I will get better at seeing them!

When did you solo? I am looking forward to my first cross-country Saturday.

2. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Congrats! I think I soloed around the same number of hours. Many years ago..need to look back at my log book.

3. thadbrown

thadbrown Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    i just did my xc to kcdk which is cedar key on the west coast of florida. it is beautiful pictures soon. i soloed around the same number of hours too. flying is great fun. are you going to sun n fun or the airshow in ft lauderdale?

thad

4. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I had a lot more hours when I soloed but I didn't start flying until I was 61 and it takes a lot longer to learn all of the book stuff when you're my age. I have over 200 hours now and have passed the FAA written exam for IFR. I've got about 10 hours of IFR flight training. Flying has opened up a whole new world. It's just beautiful up there!

5. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Congrats to you! Keep it up, and don't let too much time elapse between lessons so you stay sharp.

Flying is like driving Ferrari's. Your always wondering when something is going to break ;)

6. Fastviper

Fastviper F1 Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Dash
    i have just started my cross country also, good luck I had more than 14 hrs before my solo, I am now buying a 74 172, I love flying,

john

7. CRUSING

CRUSING Karting

Oct 31, 2002
    Jupiter, FL
    Looking forward to the Air & Sea show for both the sun and the planes. But I went through a few Seafairs in Seattle so the Blue Angles aren't that much of a draw to me. Luckily I have been flying nearly every day. We had some bad weather a couple weeks ago so I didn't fly for a few days, but it didn't seem to bad getting back up. As for the cross country I think we might go to Naples but maybe I can talk my instructor into Key West.

Thanks for the responses!