My BostonSportscar Experience In One Word: PHENOMENAL!!! | FerrariChat

My BostonSportscar Experience In One Word: PHENOMENAL!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by The Mad Hatter, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    Howdy,

I just finished up a PPI with BostonSportscar and wanted to share the truly professional experience I had with everyone here. If you have not dealt with BostonSportscar, simply put: You are missing out. I had the pleasure of dealing with Joe who not only listened to everything I was concerned about without cutting me off to finish all my sentences but who also rescheduled the appointment TWICE due to bad weather with no questions asked (the seller would not bring the car out in the rain.). Joe was the best hands down. Most suprising was the fact that Joe took numerous pictures of the car and of the items he was inspecting and forwarded them on to me in addition to detailed information on what he found. That might be standard with Ferrari mechanics, but I can tell you that my BMW dealership has never done that when my car is in for maintenance! Joe fielded several e-mails from me with additional questions and concerns with responses right away and stayed on the phone with me for about 20 minutes yesterday to go over his findings. I never felt rushed, pressured, or dumb by Joe. Truly a professional shop with professional employees. I felt like a life-long customer and not just "some guy" getting a PPI done. I can honestly say that this is best I have been treated by a mechanic EVER! Thanks to BostonSportscar...thank you Joe, and BIG-TIME props to Doody here on F-Chat for the hookup. Another reason FChat is #1!

Cheers,
    Travis

2. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Glad to hear you had a good experience. BSC is a very professional organization that does great work. It is always nice to hear of a good outcome once in awhile when you usually only hear about bad things.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds great! Are you buying the car? :)

4. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    Yes...after about a month of so of trying to work the right deal, not to mention getting the seller to agree to a PPI, all that is left now is for the check to clear (quickly I hope) and then a short trip up to Boston to pick her up. 91 Testarossa, black and tan...my dream car (I grew up in the 80s ;-) What really sealed the deal was the following conversation with Joe from BostonSportscar the day he called to give me the results of the PPI:

Me: So, what do you think?

Joe: Well, let's just put it this way; if you weren't first in line to buy this car we (BSC) would buy it right now on the spot.

That was all I needed to hear. Now I just need to find time to get up to Boston to pick her up and drive her back to the People's Republic of Maryland ;-)j

Cheers,
    Travis

5. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    #5 The Mad Hatter, Apr 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    what make / model rims are those. Those are sharp. Much better than the stock Testarossa Rims.

7. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    ...that they are Speedlines, 18". At least that is what I have been told. I will be picking up the car next week so I will find out for sure ;-) I agree with you too, they look awesome and much better than the stock rims. Thanks for the compliment too!

Cheers,
    Travis

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They are a great shop!

I bought my car from a private party, but the car got its final check out/tune up in this shop. Here a few pictures from the Day X where we transferred the title, money and keys. Well almost, they keys went immediately to the transport company that delivered the car back to my place.

On one pic you see the mechanics at Boston replace the leaking fuel tank (before the deal was made). Never had a problem with that since.

9. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    That is a beautiful car...and next on my list ;-) It makes a huge difference when you get treated well...trust me. I am probably going to have them do my 60K major eventhough I am closer to Ferrari of Washington. When you get treated like Joe treated me, shoot, I might take it up there for ALL of her services!

Cheers,
    Travis

10. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    I was on the phone with the seller of my new TR and we were trying to coordinate a time for Boston Sportscar picking up the TR and he goes on a tirade about how professional BSC was, and how he is now going to take all his cars for service, and how nice they were, and how glad he was that I used them, and how he didn't even know they were right by his dealership, etc., ...it is contagious!!! ;-) I might actually begin my EnzoJoe@bostonsportscars For President campaign today ;-)

Cheers,
    Travis

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'll be the secretary of your campaign...

Next time you're there, check out their garage underneath. Has some nice cars including a restored Porsche boxster of the owner. Really nifty. Ask him about the restoration of the radio in that car.
    :)