I'm ruined... | FerrariChat

I'm ruined...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by kiesan, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    ...and it's all Tino Perrina's fault.

There we were, going to have an innocent lunch somewhere within walking distance of FOS. While we were checking out the cars hiding in the basement we got to talking about the Challenge Stradale that had been discussed on this board formerly owned by thomas_b and Tino told me the long and involved story that ultimately involved the car being repaired to as new condition albeit with a rather herculean effort from the FOS service department. A happy ending.

We happened to walk by the car in question as it was in the back lot still awaiting final prep before whatever happens to it next happens. I was transfixed on the car with full tunnel vision/hearing engaged and like a voice from heaven I though I heard "You want to drive it? Why don't we run over to Mercer Island for lunch instead?" I snapped back into reality and looked around to see who could be playing such a mean trick on me, but instead all I saw was Tino going back inside to get the key from whatever vault it is stored in.

Needless to say, this was far and away the best lunch I have ever had even though I cannot recall what I had to eat.

Do I even need to describe what driving this car is like? Its everything you think it might be and about 10 more. 10 more what, you say? Well, 10 more of whatever insanely perfect thing you can think of.

Tino if you have your ears on... thanks again. You made my day. Week. Month. Year. Decade.

2. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
  3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
  4. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Well, Tino said market on these things right now was in the $225k to $235k range. I'd have to sell my 328, my Carrera and some of my bikes to raise the capital as I can't justify car or motorcycle loans.

Believe you me, though, I did the math a few times and it looks better and better every time.

k

5. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Awesome. You still smiling? As I always say "get on it"!! Buy it if it's for sale. Any pics?

6. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Still smiling. No pics as it was a surprise and I was caught digi-less.

This car has "stokpro" all over it.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

then you can:

Buy! Buy! Buy!

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Actually this car has 'you' written all over it.

8. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thomas was driving his "new" CS while Tino and I were driving Thomas' "old" CS. - Tim

9. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Is this some kind of conspiracy? Can't I just be happy with my 80's car collection and bike sickness?

10. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    That make sense now. Thanks.

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    No conspiracy Kie, the key word is SICKNESS!

12. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

13. shelbee

shelbee Guest

So is this a good old rosso corsa or rosso scuderia??

14. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    rosso scuderia - color behaves funny dependent on light – if it is dark it looks like rosso if under bright light it looks orangey

not sure about the picture of my new car taken at Redhook Brewery - pink? – might have been the beer or the camera – your pick

15. shelbee

shelbee Guest

So was that your old silver 360 coupe you had at FOS before your trade to CS??

16. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    yes - they sold it a few month ago - I like silver since it brings out the lines in the back of the car - don't want to hijack the thread but see picture - well if the 420 is like the CS with 480HP I am on the path to be ruined - so we are not far away from the topic of the thread

... and why I remember it - Tim I did not have the defrog rear window - not sure what it is good for with the engine bay being like a oven anyhow