Is this 355 spider real or a kit car? | FerrariChat

Is this 355 spider real or a kit car?

Discussion in '348/355' started by ryalex, Apr 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Seen in Enumclaw, WA by a friend.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Looks perfectly real to me, Ryan. Why would you suspect it is a kit car?

By the way, just because it is in Washington, doesn't make it a kit car ;)

3. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I agree with the others, its real.

If its anywhere Seattle I wouldn't be suprised at all, isn't that the Microsoft and Boeing headquarters?

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    My friend couldn't tell, but given the smaller size of his town, he was suspicious. I couldn't tell because at first the wheels and wheel-wells looked funny, and the grill on the nose maybe a bit small. I looked at some other pics I've taken though, and it seems normal now.

Blue Kawala: True, but there are local companies there that sell 355 spider replica kits - I spoke with one a few years back (in a moment of delusion).

5. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

MS is in Redmond, and you see many expensive cars there, we have a few members from there.

Boeing moved a lot of their upper management out of WA, but they have a factory south of Seattle and one to the north of seattle, west of Everett.

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Now if you took that picture in Tacoma or in Kent or even in Everett, I would say not only is it fake, it is built on a Z28 platform. LOL

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Boeing moved their headquarters to Chicago in an effort to become a world class company. More centrally located for the space and defense divisions in St.Louis, Georgia, Huntsville, Houston and Florida to name a few. Seattles commercial division has been dethroned as the heart of the Boeing company since it's takeover by McDonnel Douglas and Harry Stonecipher.

Don't know if this is the same car but there is a bonafide yellow 355 in the Enumclaw/Black Diamond area.